RE: hardcopy + ^L

  • Vince Negri
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 5, 2002
      >I just tried to ":hardcopy" an RFC, and it turned out that
      >^L (page break characters) are simply ignored. Well, no,
      >actually they are printed as small boxes in my font.

      Look in the list archives (June) for a patch
      "Formfeed processing with printing - 6.1p100"
      conributed by Mike Williams.

      HTH

      Vince

    • Denis Perelyubskiy
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 5, 2002
        * Vince Negri <vnegri@...> [05-Sep-02 00:53 -0700]:

        > >I just tried to ":hardcopy" an RFC, and it turned out that
        > >^L (page break characters) are simply ignored. Well, no,
        > >actually they are printed as small boxes in my font.
        >
        >Look in the list archives (June) for a patch
        >"Formfeed processing with printing - 6.1p100"
        >conributed by Mike Williams.

        thanks. that's what I was looking for. But before I apply
        it.. are there are any plans to include the patch into
        "main" vim? it seems safe and useful at the same time? Bram?

        thanks,

        denis

        --
        // mailto: Denis Perelyubskiy <denisp@...>
        // icq : 12359698
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 5, 2002
          Denis Perelyubskiy wrote:

          > * Vince Negri <vnegri@...> [05-Sep-02 00:53 -0700]:
          > >
          > > >I just tried to ":hardcopy" an RFC, and it turned out that
          > > >^L (page break characters) are simply ignored. Well, no,
          > > >actually they are printed as small boxes in my font.
          > >
          > >Look in the list archives (June) for a patch
          > >"Formfeed processing with printing - 6.1p100"
          > >conributed by Mike Williams.
          >
          > thanks. that's what I was looking for. But before I apply
          > it.. are there are any plans to include the patch into
          > "main" vim? it seems safe and useful at the same time? Bram?

          It's scheduled to be included, near the top of the list.

          --
          FATHER: You only killed the bride's father - that's all -
          LAUNCELOT: Oh dear, I didn't really mean to...