hardcopy + ^L

  • Denis Perelyubskiy
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2002
      Hello,

      I just tried to ":hardcopy" an RFC, and it turned out that
      ^L (page break characters) are simply ignored. Well, no,
      actually they are printed as small boxes in my font.

      I wonder if this is a bug?

      thanks,

      denis

      --
      // mailto: Denis Perelyubskiy <denisp@...>
      // icq : 12359698
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 5, 2002
        * Denis Perelyubskiy <denisp@...> [04-Sep-02 17:13 -0700]:

        >Hello,
        >
        >I just tried to ":hardcopy" an RFC, and it turned out that
        >^L (page break characters) are simply ignored. Well, no,
        >actually they are printed as small boxes in my font.
        >
        >I wonder if this is a bug?

        sorry, completely forgot to mention that this was on
        windows..

        denis

        --
        // mailto: Denis Perelyubskiy <denisp@...>
        // icq : 12359698
        // PGP : http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~denisp/files/pgp.asc
      • Vince Negri
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 5, 2002
          >I just tried to ":hardcopy" an RFC, and it turned out that
          >^L (page break characters) are simply ignored. Well, no,
          >actually they are printed as small boxes in my font.

          Look in the list archives (June) for a patch
          "Formfeed processing with printing - 6.1p100"
          conributed by Mike Williams.

          HTH

          Vince

        • Denis Perelyubskiy
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 5, 2002
            * Vince Negri <vnegri@...> [05-Sep-02 00:53 -0700]:

            > >I just tried to ":hardcopy" an RFC, and it turned out that
            > >^L (page break characters) are simply ignored. Well, no,
            > >actually they are printed as small boxes in my font.
            >
            >Look in the list archives (June) for a patch
            >"Formfeed processing with printing - 6.1p100"
            >conributed by Mike Williams.

            thanks. that's what I was looking for. But before I apply
            it.. are there are any plans to include the patch into
            "main" vim? it seems safe and useful at the same time? Bram?

            thanks,

            denis

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 5, 2002
              Denis Perelyubskiy wrote:

              > * Vince Negri <vnegri@...> [05-Sep-02 00:53 -0700]:
              > >
              > > >I just tried to ":hardcopy" an RFC, and it turned out that
              > > >^L (page break characters) are simply ignored. Well, no,
              > > >actually they are printed as small boxes in my font.
              > >
              > >Look in the list archives (June) for a patch
              > >"Formfeed processing with printing - 6.1p100"
              > >conributed by Mike Williams.
              >
              > thanks. that's what I was looking for. But before I apply
              > it.. are there are any plans to include the patch into
              > "main" vim? it seems safe and useful at the same time? Bram?

              It's scheduled to be included, near the top of the list.

              --
              FATHER: You only killed the bride's father - that's all -
              LAUNCELOT: Oh dear, I didn't really mean to...