Re: Signature Poem

  • David Morris
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2002
      On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 10:50:56PM +0200, Jens Schicke wrote:
      > > A poem: read aloud:
      > >
      > > <> !*''# Waka waka bang splat tick tick hash,
      > > ^"`$$- Caret quote back-tick dollar dollar dash,
      > > !*=@$_ Bang splat equal at dollar under-score,
      > > %*<> ~#4 Percent splat waka waka tilde number four,
      > > &[]../ Ampersand bracket bracket dot dot slash,
      > > |{,,SYSTEM HALTED Vertical-bar curly-bracket comma comma CRASH.
      >
      > I am not sure if this is the right place to discuss this but i think
      > Pipe instead of Vertical-Bar would sound better and be correct too.

      Most definately *not* the correct place to discuss it, but
      don't let that stop us. :)

      "Pipe" would most definately *not* work because you would
      then be a sylable short on the line. It would be nice,
      however, to replace "Percent" with some word that stresses
      the first sylable instead of the second to make it all flow
      more smoothly. Perhaps:

      :*<>~#4 Colon splat waka waka tilde number four

      And if you can read any of this thread without falling out
      of your chair in with laughter, you need a humor
      transplant! ;)

      --David