Signature Poem

  • Jens Schicke
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2002
      > A poem: read aloud:
      >
      > <> !*''# Waka waka bang splat tick tick hash,
      > ^"`$$- Caret quote back-tick dollar dollar dash,
      > !*=@$_ Bang splat equal at dollar under-score,
      > %*<> ~#4 Percent splat waka waka tilde number four,
      > &[]../ Ampersand bracket bracket dot dot slash,
      > |{,,SYSTEM HALTED Vertical-bar curly-bracket comma comma CRASH.

      I am not sure if this is the right place to discuss this but i think
      Pipe instead of Vertical-Bar would sound better and be correct too.
    • David Morris
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2002
        On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 10:50:56PM +0200, Jens Schicke wrote:
        > > A poem: read aloud:
        > >
        > > <> !*''# Waka waka bang splat tick tick hash,
        > > ^"`$$- Caret quote back-tick dollar dollar dash,
        > > !*=@$_ Bang splat equal at dollar under-score,
        > > %*<> ~#4 Percent splat waka waka tilde number four,
        > > &[]../ Ampersand bracket bracket dot dot slash,
        > > |{,,SYSTEM HALTED Vertical-bar curly-bracket comma comma CRASH.
        >
        > I am not sure if this is the right place to discuss this but i think
        > Pipe instead of Vertical-Bar would sound better and be correct too.

        Most definately *not* the correct place to discuss it, but
        don't let that stop us. :)

        "Pipe" would most definately *not* work because you would
        then be a sylable short on the line. It would be nice,
        however, to replace "Percent" with some word that stresses
        the first sylable instead of the second to make it all flow
        more smoothly. Perhaps:

        :*<>~#4 Colon splat waka waka tilde number four

        And if you can read any of this thread without falling out
        of your chair in with laughter, you need a humor
        transplant! ;)

        --David