Re: Vim 6.1.146 crashing on undo after function call

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2002
      [redirected from vim to vim-dev]

      David Fishburn wrote:

      > VIM 6.1.146 W2K
      >
      > I wrote my own function to format SQL statements. It relies on having
      > Align.vim version 13 installed.
      >
      > If I format the statement, everything is great. But if I attempt to
      > undo the change, VIM crashes. In a larger file, it didn't crash but it
      > put the wrong text back.

      I have narrowed down the location of the problem, but don't have a
      proper fix yet. This patch will work around the actual problem:

      *** undo.c~ Tue Apr 9 22:22:46 2002
      --- undo.c Thu Aug 22 22:48:20 2002
      ***************
      *** 255,261 ****
      * Check the ten last changes. More doesn't make sense and takes too
      * long.
      */
      ! if (size == 1)
      {
      uep = u_get_headentry();
      for (i = 0; i < 10; ++i)
      --- 255,261 ----
      * Check the ten last changes. More doesn't make sense and takes too
      * long.
      */
      ! if (size == 1 && 0)
      {
      uep = u_get_headentry();
      for (i = 0; i < 10; ++i)

      It's complicated, finding a proper fix will take a while.

      --
      ARTHUR: Right! Knights! Forward!
      ARTHUR leads a charge toward the castle. Various shots of them battling on,