How to specify the diff command

  • Aschwin Marsman
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2002
      Because I currently work in a multi platform environment (Solaris, OSF/1,
      Linux and Windows NT), files sometimes have Ctrl-M's at the end of a line
      or not depending on the platform that is used by a developer to make code
      changes. This gives problems when diffing two files out of CVS.

      Because of this I created a script which strips the Ctrl-M's and then
      calls diff with some options. I would like to use this script with gvimdiff,
      because it works much better than tkdiff which is used now. How can I
      specify the name of the diff command? (Or is there a portable way to do
      it with options?)

      Kind regards,

      Aschwin Marsman

      --
      aYniK Software Solutions all You need is Knowledge
      Bedrijvenpark Twente 305 NL-7602 KL Almelo - the Netherlands
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 7, 2002
        I know this is orthogonal to your direct question, but ...

        Have you considered this.

        cvs diff -bwc | gvim -

        tim burlowski

        --
        tim burlowski
        Weather conditions for Roseville, MN.
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 7, 2002
          > How can I
          > specify the name of the diff command? (Or is there a portable way to do
          > it with options?)

          :help 'diffexpr'

          Regards,

          Vince