1-100 Patches

  • David Brown
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2002
      I recently downloaded the Unix source code for Vim 6.1 and the 1-100 patches
      .gz. When I applied the 1-100 patches I got lots of errors referring to the
      other gui sources (I.e. vms, windows, etc). In addition, when I issued a
      "make install" it failed because I did not have the file "README.txt" in the
      lang directory.

      I touched the README.txt file, and ignored the failures and it seems to be
      working. At least I hope so. :)

      David
    • Aschwin Marsman - aYniK Software Solutio
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2002
        On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, David Brown wrote:

        > I recently downloaded the Unix source code for Vim 6.1 and the 1-100 patches
        > .gz. When I applied the 1-100 patches I got lots of errors referring to the
        > other gui sources (I.e. vms, windows, etc). In addition, when I issued a
        > "make install" it failed because I did not have the file "README.txt" in the
        > lang directory.

        When you install vim-6.1.tar.bz2, vim-6.1-extra.tar.gz and
        vim-6.1-lang.tar.gz, all patches will be applied correctly.
        If you don't, then not all patches can be applied and
        errors will occur, but if you don't need the extra and
        lang archives, you also don't need those files ;-)

        > I touched the README.txt file, and ignored the failures and it seems to be
        > working. At least I hope so. :)

        It will be no problem, as stated above.

        Why not update to 6.1.143? This will be much easier when reporting possible
        problems.

        I use a script to download the latest patches (using ncftpget), and
        then a script to build vim, no handwork needed ;-)

        > David

        Best regards,

        Aschwin Marsman

        --
        aYniK Software Solutions all You need is Knowledge
        Bedrijvenpark Twente 305 NL-7602 KL Almelo - the Netherlands