Re: syntax/quake.vim

  • Nikolai 'pcp' Weibull
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31 5:54 PM
      On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 20:20:52 +0000, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Nikolai Weibull wrote:
      >
      > > finally got around to it...the 'ultimate' quake based game config syntax
      > > definition. it covers configs for quake[1-3] based configs and
      > > highlights strings, comments, numbers, and commands. one could feasibly
      > > add variable highlighting...but that would take ages (there are some
      > > 5-600) different variables among the games and it would take quite an
      > > effort to cross-check which work in which game (i have listings of all
      > > the variables available, so i might write something to parse it). but
      > > the question is if it is really necessary? any quakers on this list?
      > > your opinions?
      >
      > I'll leave that to people who edit these files.
      >
      > > a second thing...how do we detect the filetype? .cfg is a popular
      > > extension. my suggestion so far is:
      > >
      > > au BufNewFile,BufRead *baseq[2-3]/*.cfg,*id1/*.cfg setf quake
      > > au BufNewFile,BufRead *quake[1-3]/*.cfg setf quake
      > >
      > > which should work ok...suggestions?
      >
      > I suppose this would work OK, so long as it's done before the generic
      > *.cfg used for "cfg" files.
      >
      > Thanks for removing the GPL from the file, otherwise I wouldn't have
      > included the file.
      >
      > How about explaining the use of the variables in the documentation? See
      > ":help html.vim" for an example.

      yeah sorry about the whole GPL thing; me and my header script =). i
      really need to write a decent vim file template one of these days =).
      yeah, please put it right before the *.cfg. (where the rest of my .cfg
      patterns are =D). yeah, i'll try and get some documentation of all my
      syntax files to you really soon (tomorrow?) + some suggested fixes to
      the documentation i found while reading it (man, it took probably 4
      weeks to read the whole thing, on printout i might add =). great, great
      docs bram...<admiration>you're truly not only a great programmer, but a
      great documentation writer as well!</admiration>

      --
      /* Name: Nikolai 'pcp' Weibull -- Age: 22 -- Born in: Chicago, IL USA *
      * Where @: Gothenburg, Sweden -- Homepage: http://www.pcppopper.org/ *