Re: vim + fam = cpu eater

  • Ali Akcaagac
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2002
      On Tuesday 09 July 2002 14:59, Ali Akcaagac wrote:
      > i had a discussion with someone on the #gnome channel today he reported
      > that vim + fam is eating up all his cpu when quitting vim. 60% eat by vim
      > and 40% eat by fam. during that time he was using vim 6.1.94 and fam 2.6.4.
      > as root this cpu eating doesn't happen. i asked him to update to latest vim
      > 6.1.124 and fam 2.6.8. he did this but still has the same problems.

      he just contacted me again and told me that he solved his problem. he used to
      have a 29MB .viminfo file :)

      --
      Name....: Ali Akcaagac
      E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@...-wilhelmshaven.de
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2002
        Aye Engengah Ali Akcaagac H'ee L'geb F'ai Throdog Re: vim + fam = cpu
        eater Tue, 9 Jul 2002 15:11:51 +0200:

        AA> he just contacted me again and told me that he solved his problem.
        AA> he used to have a 29MB .viminfo file :)

        That's a pretty big one.
        OTOH, this cpu stuff reminds me that vim/xterm eats 100% cpu when I
        close xterm and forget about the open vim, then I need to kill it with
        -9 because it doesn't respond to regular kill.

        --
        Sator <sator72/at/libero/dot/it> <vlad72/at/inwind/dot/it>
        icq#906246 - http://sator.250x.com - http://www.iammol.com