DPMI URL wrong

  • Walter Briscoe
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2002
      My partner's windoze machine is behaving very suspiciously.
      I was not impressed to find the hard disk driven hard by
      C:\RECYCLED\XFVS.EXE. I renamed it. Most applications would not then
      open. I restarted the machine in DOS and exported the registry.

      At last, we get to the point of my story!

      I attempted to open vim on that export and was met with:
      Load Error: No DPMI - get CSDPMI*B.ZIP.
      $vim/vim61/doc/os_msdos.txt - accessible by :help DPMI - refers to
      CSDPMI4B.ZIP and says the latest CSDPMI*.ZIP can be obtained from
      ftp.neosoft.com:pub/users/s/sandmann. I failed to get it. I am not
      confident of the meaning of that URL. Internet Explorer does not find
      it. I prefix it with ftp:// and IE says "Cannot find
      'ftp://ftp.neosoft.com:pub/users/s/sandmann'. Make sure the path or
      Internet address is correct." I go into an ftp client as anonymous and
      find myself in an empty / directory. Curiously, cd pub worked at that
      point but I could get no further.

      I found no working URL for CSDPMI4B. I found a CSDPMI3B.ZIP on
      www.simtel.net and will try that. This list will hear more unless a
      response to this outdates my findings.
      --
      Walter Briscoe
    • Vince Negri
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2002
        For the record, CSDPMI4B.ZIP is in the CVS repository
        on sourceforge.

        Vince