RE: Patch collection for Vim 6.1

  • Vince Negri
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1 12:42 AM
      I know you've solved this, but just for the record the
      vimtbar.lib file is only used in the the 16-bit windows
      version. (It's a helper library to back-implement the
      win32 common control toolbar on Windows 3.x)

      > Win32 gVim 6.1.112 has a problem with the toolbar. The open file option
      > doesn't work and gives me a bunch of binary garbage in the status line;
      >...perhaps I have a corrupt
      > vimtbar.lib file?
    • P. Alejandro Lopez-Valencia
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1 4:24 AM
        > I know you've solved this, but just for the record the
        > vimtbar.lib file is only used in the the 16-bit windows
        > version. (It's a helper library to back-implement the
        > win32 common control toolbar on Windows 3.x)
        >
        > > Win32 gVim 6.1.112 has a problem with the toolbar. The open file
        option
        > > doesn't work and gives me a bunch of binary garbage in the status
        line;
        > >...perhaps I have a corrupt
        > > vimtbar.lib file?

        Thanks for the info, I never was one for studying the innards of win32
        (I do know my way around the MacOS toolbox, but most of that knowledge
        is obsolete these days :).

        BTW, I have discovered a problem with my posted makefiles. For the
        record, tt seems that gettext and iconv support won't work properly with
        Cygwin's gcc plus mingw runtime, unless I
        use -DMBYTE -DFEAT_GETTEXT -DDYNAMIC_GETETXT -DDYNAMIC_ICONV.