Patch 6.1.109

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 23, 2002
      Patch 6.1.109
      Problem: When 'eadirection' is "hor", using CTRL-W = doesn't equalize the
      window heights. (Roman Neuhauser)
      Solution: Ignore 'eadirection' for CTRL-W =
      Files: src/window.c

      *** ../vim61.108/src/window.c Sat Mar 23 12:33:19 2002
      --- src/window.c Fri Jun 21 20:38:52 2002
      ***************
      *** 367,373 ****
      #ifdef FEAT_GUI
      need_mouse_correct = TRUE;
      #endif
      ! win_equal(NULL, FALSE, 0);
      break;

      /* increase current window height */
      --- 370,376 ----
      #ifdef FEAT_GUI
      need_mouse_correct = TRUE;
      #endif
      ! win_equal(NULL, FALSE, 'b');
      break;

      /* increase current window height */
      *** ../vim61.108/src/version.c Sun Jun 23 15:00:56 2002
      --- src/version.c Sun Jun 23 15:02:18 2002
      ***************
      *** 608,609 ****
      --- 608,611 ----
      { /* Add new patch number below this line */
      + /**/
      + 109,
      /**/

      --
      DINGO: And after the spanking ... the oral sex.
      GALAHAD: Oh, dear! Well, I...

    • Mike Williams
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 24, 2002
        Ug - hate this patch :-(

        I use the winmanager plugin (2nd most downloaded from vim.sourceforge.net) which
        keeps the directory and buffer list in a vertically stacked pair of narrow windows.
        CTRL-W= with eadirection=ver quickly equalised open file windows. Now using
        CTRL-W= expands the width of the directory and buffer windows requiring the plugin
        to be re-initialised.

        Do we need a new option to control the effect of CTRL-W= with vertically and
        horizontally split windows? Or a new command to achieve this affect? The patch
        could quickly make this plugin almost unuseable.

        On 23 Jun 2002 at 15:06, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

        > Patch 6.1.109
        > Problem: When 'eadirection' is "hor", using CTRL-W = doesn't equalize the
        > window heights. (Roman Neuhauser)
        > Solution: Ignore 'eadirection' for CTRL-W =
        > Files: src/window.c
        >

        > *** ../vim61.108/src/window.c Sat Mar 23 12:33:19 2002
        > --- src/window.c Fri Jun 21 20:38:52 2002
        > ***************
        > *** 367,373 ****
        > #ifdef FEAT_GUI
        > need_mouse_correct = TRUE;
        > #endif
        > ! win_equal(NULL, FALSE, 0);
        > break;
        >
        > /* increase current window height */
        > --- 370,376 ----
        > #ifdef FEAT_GUI
        > need_mouse_correct = TRUE;
        > #endif
        > ! win_equal(NULL, FALSE, 'b');
        > break;
        >
        > /* increase current window height */
        > *** ../vim61.108/src/version.c Sun Jun 23 15:00:56 2002
        > --- src/version.c Sun Jun 23 15:02:18 2002
        > ***************
        > *** 608,609 ****
        > --- 608,611 ----
        > { /* Add new patch number below this line */
        > + /**/
        > + 109,
        > /**/
        >
        > --
        > DINGO: And after the spanking ... the oral sex.
        > GALAHAD: Oh, dear! Well, I...
        > GIRLS: The oral sex ... The oral sex.
        > GALAHAD: Well, I suppose I could stay a BIT longer.
        > "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" PYTHON (MONTY) PICTURES LTD
        >
        > /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.moolenaar.net \\\
        > /// Creator of Vim -- http://vim.sf.net -- ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim \\\
        > \\\ Project leader for A-A-P -- http://www.a-a-p.org ///
        > \\\ Help me helping AIDS orphans in Uganda - http://iccf-holland.org ///

        Mike
        --
        The first lesson in self defence is to keep your glasses on.
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 24, 2002
          Mike Williams wrote:

          > Ug - hate this patch :-(
          >
          > I use the winmanager plugin (2nd most downloaded from
          > vim.sourceforge.net) which keeps the directory and buffer list in a
          > vertically stacked pair of narrow windows. CTRL-W= with
          > eadirection=ver quickly equalised open file windows. Now using
          > CTRL-W= expands the width of the directory and buffer windows
          > requiring the plugin to be re-initialised.
          >
          > Do we need a new option to control the effect of CTRL-W= with
          > vertically and horizontally split windows? Or a new command to
          > achieve this affect? The patch could quickly make this plugin almost
          > unuseable.

          Does this work: ":new|close"?

          Using a count before CTRL-W = could specify equalizing in vertical or
          horizontal direction only. Don't like the idea of using an option for
          this, makes the effect of CTRL-W = unpredictable.

          I'm working on an option 'winfixheight', which means the window height
          is (mostly) fixed. It was already done for the preview and quickfix
          windows. Could also add a 'winfixwidth' option for the buffer list
          window.

          --
          "My particular problem is with registry entries, which seem to just accumulate
          like plastic coffee cups..." -- Paul Moore

        • Douglas L . Potts
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 24, 2002
            On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 12:05:41PM +0100 Mike Williams wrote:
            > Ug - hate this patch :-(
            >
            > I use the winmanager plugin (2nd most downloaded from vim.sourceforge.net) which
            > keeps the directory and buffer list in a vertically stacked pair of narrow windows.
            > CTRL-W= with eadirection=ver quickly equalised open file windows. Now using
            > CTRL-W= expands the width of the directory and buffer windows requiring the plugin
            > to be re-initialised.
            >
            > Do we need a new option to control the effect of CTRL-W= with vertically and
            > horizontally split windows? Or a new command to achieve this affect? The patch
            > could quickly make this plugin almost unuseable.
            >
            > On 23 Jun 2002 at 15:06, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
            [--- snip ---]

            Count me in the "I like the old behavior" category. I liked the ability
            to set ead to 'ver' and have the windows only re-distribute vertically.

            My $0.02,
            -Doug

            --
            *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*
            Douglas L. Potts
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 24, 2002
              On 24 Jun 2002 at 13:59, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

              > Mike Williams wrote:
              >
              > > Ug - hate this patch :-(
              > >
              > > I use the winmanager plugin (2nd most downloaded from
              > > vim.sourceforge.net) which keeps the directory and buffer list in a
              > > vertically stacked pair of narrow windows. CTRL-W= with
              > > eadirection=ver quickly equalised open file windows. Now using
              > > CTRL-W= expands the width of the directory and buffer windows
              > > requiring the plugin to be re-initialised.
              > >
              > > Do we need a new option to control the effect of CTRL-W= with
              > > vertically and horizontally split windows? Or a new command to
              > > achieve this affect? The patch could quickly make this plugin almost
              > > unuseable.
              >
              > Does this work: ":new|close"?

              Yes.

              > Using a count before CTRL-W = could specify equalizing in vertical or
              > horizontal direction only. Don't like the idea of using an option for
              > this, makes the effect of CTRL-W = unpredictable.

              That would be ok. I hardly ever want to equalise window widths (diff mode is the only
              time I can think of) but equalising window heights is damn useful.

              > I'm working on an option 'winfixheight', which means the window height
              > is (mostly) fixed. It was already done for the preview and quickfix
              > windows. Could also add a 'winfixwidth' option for the buffer list
              > window.

              Will it be a general buffer/window option, or for specific ones?

              Mike
              --
              Talk is cheap since supply exceeds demand.
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 24, 2002
                Mike Williams wrote:

                > > I'm working on an option 'winfixheight', which means the window height
                > > is (mostly) fixed. It was already done for the preview and quickfix
                > > windows. Could also add a 'winfixwidth' option for the buffer list
                > > window.
                >
                > Will it be a general buffer/window option, or for specific ones?

                It's going to be a window local option.

                --
                ARTHUR: Who are you?
                TALL KNIGHT: We are the Knights Who Say "Ni"!