Re: Strange behaviour of :compiler/:make/tidy

  • dionn@tomtom.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2002
      I wrote:
      >When I redirect tidy's stderr, where its error messages
      >go, to the standard input, using a batch file with one line like
      >this:
      >@tidy %* 2>&1
      >everything works perfectly.

      I read some more documentation, and found that the shellredir
      option was important here. This probably should be mentioned in
      the documentation for quickfix, and not only in the user manual.

      But then again: My shell is set to c:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe,
      and my shellredir is set to >%s 2>&1 (all default), but still I
      need that batch file.

      Weird or not?

      Dion