Undefined Symbols During Build

  • Mark Pham
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2002
      Dear vim-dev'ers,

      I'm getting the undefined symbols XpmCreatePixmapFromData,
      XpmFreeAttributes, and XpmReadFileToPixmap for a vim compile with
      --enable-gui=auto. Would someone please send me the current Xmp library
      containing these symbols for sparc SunOS 5.6? I would much rather have a
      binary copy as I can't even uncompress the file xpm-3.4k-solaris.tgz that I
      downloaded from the xpm site. Thanks for all your help in this matter.

      Mark Pham
    • Aschwin Marsman - aYniK Software Solutio
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2002
        On Mon, 6 May 2002, Mark Pham wrote:

        > Dear vim-dev'ers,

        Mark,

        > I'm getting the undefined symbols XpmCreatePixmapFromData,
        > XpmFreeAttributes, and XpmReadFileToPixmap for a vim compile with
        > --enable-gui=auto. Would someone please send me the current Xmp library
        > containing these symbols for sparc SunOS 5.6? I would much rather have a
        > binary copy as I can't even uncompress the file xpm-3.4k-solaris.tgz that I
        > downloaded from the xpm site. Thanks for all your help in this matter.

        I compiled vim for Solaris 7, configure gave the following output concerning
        xpm:
        checking for XpmCreatePixmapFromData in -lXpm... no
        checking for Xm/XpmP.h... yes

        This will file has to be on your system:
        /usr/dt/include/Xm/XpmP.h

        If not, then the Motif header files are not installed, or not complete. (I don't
        like vim using Xm/XpmP.h, but thats a problem I can look into later, it's of no
        use for you),

        A better way is using the xpm-3.4k library you already found. The extension .tgz
        indicates that the file xpm-3.4k-solaris.tgz is compressed using gzip, It can be
        retrieved from http://www.gzip.org/
        ->
        gzip -d -c xpm-3.4k-solaris.tgz | tar xvf -

        should do the trick then.

        > Mark Pham

        Good luck,

        Aschwin Marsman

        --
        aYniK Software Solutions - all You need is Knowledge
        Bedrijvenpark Twente 305 - NL-7602 KL Almelo - the Netherlands