RESOLVED(may be):Re: sjis encoding

  • Hiroshi Iwatani
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2002
      Well, I have tried several entries in the .vimrc file, and,
      at the last moment before I'd give up, I think I've reached
      the right answer:

      set fileencodings=sjis,euc-jp

      Thanks for mentioning this special Vim option.

      For the Vim newbies like me, I'd like to add that other values,
      other combinations and other orders of items for the fileencodings
      attribute do not give the desired effect(i.e. temporarily viewing/
      editing Shift_JIS files from Linux.)

      And, I would still miss something like [Encodings] menu on the
      Vim GUI, or, a full automatic encoding detection on a particular
      locale prefix(in this case 'ja')!