Re: [OT-ish] not-spam mail header?

  • Mike Williams
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2002
      And it is of course of limited use - it wont be long before spam mailers start adding a
      bunch of X- headers strings people use to try and filter spam.

      I usually end up adding these people to a kill list, especially if it does not come via an
      email list.

      I have seen similar emails being used as email address harvesters for those that
      respond.

      On 3 May 2002 at 15:26, Vince Negri wrote:

      > A mail I just sent to the list got a reply from one Sean
      > Watson:
      >
      > > I've been getting far too much spam (unsolicitied bulk email) recently.
      > In
      > > order to protect myself, I'm automatically deleting all my mail messages
      > unless
      > > they contain the text "not-spam" somewhere in the mail header. You sent
      > the
      > > attached message, but (because "not-spam" was not found) it was deleted
      > before
      > > I recieved it.
      >
      > I can't add custom headers from my email client at work :-/, and I don't
      > fancy
      > starting every post I send to the list with "not-spam" in the title!
      >
      > Any suggestions?

      Mike
      --
      If you have a difficult task, give it to a lazy person... they will find an
      easier way to do it.