new script upload: sessmgr - manages sessions/viminfo for you

  • Ron Aaron
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2002
      I just uploaded my session manager, because of the mail I've been seeing
      about how to restore settings. I have been using this script or
      variants of it for several years, and it works well for me :-)

      The idea is that you start gvim in a particular directory, and this
      script (a plugin) will look for a 'sessions.vim' file, which is a
      combination of a session file (mksessions) and a viminfo file
      (wviminfo). You can have a many named 'sessions' as you like in each
      directory, and you can switch between them quickly and easily.

      A session stores the window sizes and positions, all buffers loaded
      (except empty and help buffers), the argument list, the histories, etc.

      Essentially, it works like CodeWrite only much better :-).

      Oh, and it works on Linux and Win32 (and the session.vim file is
      /almost/ portable between them).

      Enjoy!