Re: vim.org reviewed and classified

  • Gavin Sinclair
    Message 1 of 36 , Apr 3, 2002
      Initially it will be in plain text - content is more important than format
      to begin with.

      Soon thereafter, it will be HTML, which it will remain for the medium term -
      format is important once you've got some good content, and ease of
      maintaining that format is more important than being able to convert to
      other formats.

      Longer term, probably XML, so it can be converted into any format you like.

      If my idea of a FAQ is correct - a pointer to information rather than a
      repository of information - then there is really no practical need for it to
      move beyond text; it's just that HTML is prettier and more convenient in
      some regards.

      --Gavin

      Message 36 of 36 , Apr 4, 2002
        > It's all explained on the web site: http://a-a-p.org
        >
        > If you still don't get it, I will have to update the web pages...

        One thing I could not find there: What does the acronym (?) "A-A-P" mean?
        It might be "Any Acronym Perceivable", "An A-A-P Project", or something
        similar, like TTP="The TTP Project" from the Dilbert comic, but I'd still
        like to know. ;-)
        Google only brings tons of other AAPs.

        Coen