Re: vim.org reviewed and classified

  • Ricardo SIGNES
    Message 1 of 36 , Apr 2, 2002
      On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 07:03:30PM +0100, Thomas Hurst wrote:
      > * Ricardo SIGNES (samael-vim@...) wrote:
      > > briefdesc (in six kB)
      > > (various languages)
      > Better to use content negotiation and have as much of the site available
      > in as many languages as possible.

      Agreed -- but this is one part that it's somewhat 'neat' to see available
      in all the languages. At least, I think so!

      > > download
      > > mirrors
      >
      > I'll play about and see how well I can organise a download list.

      Cool.

      > > news
      > News seems to be typically near the top of any link list.

      I like getting to the front page and seeing the last piece or two
      of news. It gives me an idea of what's going on, and tells me that the
      project is alive.

      > > support
      > > chat (IRC and/or Jabber)
      > > documentation
      > > crashcourse
      > > beginner
      > > intermediate
      > > manual
      >
      > Either we have a deeper document hierachy and more complex navigation
      > (it'd probably have to unfold or something), or flatten it somewhat;
      > make documentation a top level element.

      I actually wanted to put documentation as a top-level element, but
      decided against it to keep that list small. Works for me to make
      it one, though.

      --
      rjbs
    • Coen Engelbarts
      Message 36 of 36 , Apr 4, 2002
        > It's all explained on the web site: http://a-a-p.org
        >
        > If you still don't get it, I will have to update the web pages...

        One thing I could not find there: What does the acronym (?) "A-A-P" mean?
        It might be "Any Acronym Perceivable", "An A-A-P Project", or something
        similar, like TTP="The TTP Project" from the Dilbert comic, but I'd still
        like to know. ;-)
        Google only brings tons of other AAPs.

        Coen