Re: vim.org reviewed and classified

  • Thomas Hurst
    Message 1 of 36 , Apr 2, 2002
      * Ricardo SIGNES (samael-vim@...) wrote:

      > about
      > briefdesc (in six kB)
      > (various languages)

      Better to use content negotiation and have as much of the site available
      in as many languages as possible.

      > download
      > mirrors
      > -> files

      I'll play about and see how well I can organise a download list.

      > news

      News seems to be typically near the top of any link list.

      > support
      > chat (IRC and/or Jabber)
      > documentation
      > crashcourse
      > beginner
      > intermediate
      > manual

      Either we have a deeper document hierachy and more complex navigation
      (it'd probably have to unfold or something), or flatten it somewhat;
      make documentation a top level element.

      I'd lean towards a flatter hierachy, makes it easier to find things like
      documentation.

      --
      Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst - freaky@... - http://www.aagh.net/
      -
      Message 36 of 36 , Apr 4, 2002
        > It's all explained on the web site: http://a-a-p.org
        >
        > If you still don't get it, I will have to update the web pages...

        One thing I could not find there: What does the acronym (?) "A-A-P" mean?
        It might be "Any Acronym Perceivable", "An A-A-P Project", or something
        similar, like TTP="The TTP Project" from the Dilbert comic, but I'd still
        like to know. ;-)
        Google only brings tons of other AAPs.

        Coen