Re: How to change the menu font on GTK vim?

  • Christian MICHON
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2002
      Ron,

      for gvim under unix/linux, create if you don't have
      one already a file ~/.gtkrc.

      For gvim under windoze, I do not know yet ;)
      Most probably it's gtkrc, or gtkrc_user.

      Quick example:
      ==============
      style "default"
      { font ="smooth09" }
      class "*" style "default"

      The last line changes the font of all widgets. You
      may want to change that... There's a lot of things
      that can be done with .gtkrc. Have a look at
      www.themes.org. ;)

      > How to I change the menu font to be one that can
      > show UTF-8?
      I don't know about UTF-8, my system having nls
      disabled by construction. But I know that the font
      you use must be complete, otherwise creation of menus
      will complain at startup of gvim. It should work,
      otherwise Gnome/GTK wouldn't either.

      Rgds,
      Christian