Re: vim.org reviewed and classified

  • Ricardo SIGNES
    Message 1 of 36 , Apr 1, 2002
      This is my proposed layout for vim's page -- I maintain that we will do well to
      mesh vim.org with vim.sf.org to some extent -- the latter is simply the
      interactive section of the former.

      /
      about
      briefdesc (in six kB)
      (various languages)
      featurelist
      history
      iccf
      license
      community (vimonline)
      account
      links/usersites
      scripts
      tips
      download
      mirrors
      -> files
      news
      support
      chat (IRC and/or Jabber)
      documentation
      crashcourse
      beginner
      intermediate
      manual
      mailinglists

      Questions, comments, objections, snide remarks?

      The only part of vimonline's dynamic content that I see leaking outside of
      the community subsection is news. Assuming the entire thing is hosted on
      SF, I don't see this as a problem. It helps unify the site while still
      keeping the heavy dynamic stuff just a bit out of first sight; we don't want
      to scare off the newbies.

      --
      rjbs
    • Coen Engelbarts
      Message 36 of 36 , Apr 4, 2002
        > It's all explained on the web site: http://a-a-p.org
        >
        > If you still don't get it, I will have to update the web pages...

        One thing I could not find there: What does the acronym (?) "A-A-P" mean?
        It might be "Any Acronym Perceivable", "An A-A-P Project", or something
        similar, like TTP="The TTP Project" from the Dilbert comic, but I'd still
        like to know. ;-)
        Google only brings tons of other AAPs.

        Coen