How to change the menu font on GTK vim?

  • Ron Aaron
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2002
      After looking at the help for '-menufont', it seems I must use some other
      mechanism for GTK builds.

      How to I change the menu font to be one that can show UTF-8?

      Thanks!

      --
      Ron Aaron Moss Bay Engineering
      425-649-9195 Precision Crafted Software

      "If I am not for myself, who will be for me?
      If I am only for myself, who am I?
      And if not now, when?"
      R' Hillel, Avot 1:13
    • Christian MICHON
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2002
        Ron,

        for gvim under unix/linux, create if you don't have
        one already a file ~/.gtkrc.

        For gvim under windoze, I do not know yet ;)
        Most probably it's gtkrc, or gtkrc_user.

        Quick example:
        ==============
        style "default"
        { font ="smooth09" }
        class "*" style "default"

        The last line changes the font of all widgets. You
        may want to change that... There's a lot of things
        that can be done with .gtkrc. Have a look at
        www.themes.org. ;)

        > How to I change the menu font to be one that can
        > show UTF-8?
        I don't know about UTF-8, my system having nls
        disabled by construction. But I know that the font
        you use must be complete, otherwise creation of menus
        will complain at startup of gvim. It should work,
        otherwise Gnome/GTK wouldn't either.

        Rgds,
        Christian