Re: vim.org reviewed and classified

  • Mike Litherland
    Message 1 of 36 , Apr 1, 2002
      Hi all,

      On that chat.html page there seems to be some sort of link to a web based chat that doesn't appear to work (at least not in recent Netscapes or Mozillas). If this is a feature that people are interested in, I have a simple GPL'ed CGI chat application written in Perl. It's fairly browser compatible and at least a few people are using it on different sites. If you want something like that for vimonline I'd offer to help set it up and customize it. I'm sure most people would prefer IRC for most things though.

      The code and a demo are available at http://www.nule.org/?tale=9
      Mike

      Ricardo Signes wrote:
      > * chat.html
      > - links to vim IRC channels
      >
      > This is a good idea, and can probably go under 'support' as
      > one or two lines of 'where to find good vim irc channels'

      Yep. Maintaining the list of IRC servers seems a bad idea, can't we link
      to a list available somewhere?
    • Coen Engelbarts
      Message 36 of 36 , Apr 4, 2002
        > It's all explained on the web site: http://a-a-p.org
        >
        > If you still don't get it, I will have to update the web pages...

        One thing I could not find there: What does the acronym (?) "A-A-P" mean?
        It might be "Any Acronym Perceivable", "An A-A-P Project", or something
        similar, like TTP="The TTP Project" from the Dilbert comic, but I'd still
        like to know. ;-)
        Google only brings tons of other AAPs.

        Coen