Re: vim.org reviewed and classified

  • Ricardo SIGNES
    Message 1 of 36 , Apr 1 3:47 AM
      On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 04:45:47PM +1000, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
      > *** I don't believe that www.vim.org should merely point to vim.sf.net.
      > People visiting a site like vim.org for the first time expect a neat summary
      > of the product and links to other information. They don't expect, and
      > generally wouldn't appreciate, an automated page that dives right in to tips
      > and scripts.
      >
      > www.vim.org should contain the following things:
      > [ list snipped ]

      I agree, mostly -- what had been discussed before was a pre-vimonline vimonline
      page, which would contain just the static 'about' information, as well as news
      and a link to further information (ie, deeper into vimonline.)

      As for the FAQ, I think the might already be one -- I'm not sure if the one
      that Sven links is still maintained, or whether it has died.

      Check it out. ;)

      --
      rjbs
    • Coen Engelbarts
      Message 36 of 36 , Apr 4 1:43 AM
        > It's all explained on the web site: http://a-a-p.org
        >
        > If you still don't get it, I will have to update the web pages...

        One thing I could not find there: What does the acronym (?) "A-A-P" mean?
        It might be "Any Acronym Perceivable", "An A-A-P Project", or something
        similar, like TTP="The TTP Project" from the Dilbert comic, but I'd still
        like to know. ;-)
        Google only brings tons of other AAPs.

        Coen