Re: ATOK X (XIM) doesn't work with Vim 6.0

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2002
      Yasuhiro -

      > >>I can use XIM in my own environment, and it works OK here. I can't use
      > >>the environment you mention.
      > >>
      > >>Hopefully you or someone else can track down this problem and suggest a
      > >>good solution. First thing to do is to find out if it's really Vim that
      > >>is the problem, or perhaps the XIM or something else.
      > >
      > >I'm exchanging some Japanese e-mails with Matsumoto-san
      > >(mattn_jp@...) about this. I'm not sure that Vim is the problem.
      > >Matsumoto-san said kinput2 version 2 works well. kinput2 version 3 with
      > >some
      > >modification doesn't work well.
      >
      > I looked into it. and I found the cause of this problem.
      > This problem happen with fFtT commands.
      > Below is a patch.
      > Takuriro tested many for this problem solution.

      I'll include the patch.

      I wonder, isn't this also needed a few lines below this change, where
      there is the exact same sequence of four calls?

      - Bram

      --
      Fingers not found - Pound head on keyboard to continue.

    • Yasuhiro Matsumoto
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2002
        [...]
        >I wonder, isn't this also needed a few lines below this change, where
        >there is the exact same sequence of four calls?

        Sorry.
        My explanation was wrong.
        I have to explain as below.

        ------------------------
        Patch 6.1a.028
        Problem: XIM: problems with feedback and some input methods.
        Solution: Use iconv for calculating count of characters. Remove the
        queue for key_press_event only when text was changed.
        (Yasuhiro Matsumoto)
        Files: src/globals.h, src/mbyte.c, src/screen.c
        ------------------------

        This is a mistake about my explanation.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~
        The patch have no problem.
        Thanks.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6, 2002
          Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

          > [...]
          > >I wonder, isn't this also needed a few lines below this change, where
          > >there is the exact same sequence of four calls?
          >
          > Sorry.
          > My explanation was wrong.
          > I have to explain as below.
          >
          > ------------------------
          > Patch 6.1a.028
          > Problem: XIM: problems with feedback and some input methods.
          > Solution: Use iconv for calculating count of characters. Remove the
          > queue for key_press_event only when text was changed.
          > (Yasuhiro Matsumoto)
          > Files: src/globals.h, src/mbyte.c, src/screen.c
          > ------------------------
          >
          > This is a mistake about my explanation.
          > ~~~~~~~~~~~
          > The patch have no problem.

          Ehm, I'm a bit confused now. I was asking about the patch you sent, but
          which hasn't been released yet. That patch adds a call to xim_reset()
          in im_set_active(). This seems to be unrelated to patch 6.1a.028.

          152. You find yourself falling for someone you've never seen or hardly
          know, but, boy can he/she TYPE!!!!!!

        • Yasuhiro Matsumoto
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 6, 2002
            bram -
            >Ehm, I'm a bit confused now. I was asking about the patch you sent, but
            >which hasn't been released yet. That patch adds a call to xim_reset()
            >in im_set_active(). This seems to be unrelated to patch 6.1a.028.

            Ooops, Just I was confused. Sorry.
            It seems that I was mis-reading the previous e-mail.

            >I wonder, isn't this also needed a few lines below this change, where
            >there is the exact same sequence of four calls?

            Yes, it don't need.
            This problem happend only when preedit_callbacks.

            Thanks.