Re: [W32] Edit via Samba

  • Corinna Vinschen
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 1, 2002
      On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 10:53:01AM -0000, Mike Williams wrote:
      > For me just that it marks it read-only - I can still write with :w! So I guess this comes
      > down to a large annoyance feature using ACLs over Samba.

      Just as a side note. Cygwin deals with ACLs if the so called `ntsec'
      feature is switched on. Due to the wide configurability of Samba and
      it's sometimes inconsistent behaviour related to ACLs I had to add
      another option which allows to switch off using ACLs on network drives
      while still using them on local drives. Not a perfect solution but
      I didn't find a better way yet :-(

      Corinna

      --
      Corinna Vinschen