Bug in updating error window (cwindow)

  • Yegappan Lakshmanan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2002
      Hi all,

      I found a display update problem with the error window (cwindow)
      entries. This problem is best illustrated with an example. Save
      the following text in a file t.txt. Note that the "long line" is
      a single line.

      ------------------------------ cut here ------------------------------
      This is a short line
      This is a short line
      This is a short line
      This is a short line
      This is a short line
      This is a very
      looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
      line.
      This is a short line
      This is a short line
      This is a short line
      This is a short line
      This is a short line
      This is a short line
      This is a short line
      This is a short line
      This is a short line
      This is a short line
      This is a short line
      This is a short line
      This is a short line
      This is a short line
      This is a short line
      ------------------------------ cut here ------------------------------

      Now grep for the text 'line' in this file:

      :grep line t.txt

      Open the error window:

      :cwindow

      Goto the last error

      :clast

      Use multiple ':cp' commands to go back in the error list till you
      reach the long line. Now you will see that two lines in the
      error window are highlighted. If you press Ctrl-L, the screen
      will be updated properly.

      - Yegappan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2002
        Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote;

        > I found a display update problem with the error window (cwindow)
        > entries. This problem is best illustrated with an example. Save
        > the following text in a file t.txt. Note that the "long line" is
        > a single line.
        [...]
        > Now grep for the text 'line' in this file:
        >
        > :grep line t.txt
        >
        > Open the error window:
        >
        > :cwindow
        >
        > Goto the last error
        >
        > :clast
        >
        > Use multiple ':cp' commands to go back in the error list till you
        > reach the long line. Now you will see that two lines in the
        > error window are highlighted. If you press Ctrl-L, the screen
        > will be updated properly.

        I can reproduce it. Another one for the todo list...

        --
        FATHER: Did you kill all those guards?
        LAUNCELOT: Yes ... I'm very sorry ...