Re: Avoiding dialog boxes in GUI Vim

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2002
      Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:

      > When running GUI Vim with the 'confirm' option turned on, it can
      > be annoying when a dialog box pops up to confirm some operations.
      > In particular, if you are running Vim in a GUI environment like
      > Motif, where the hot keys for the dialog buttons doesn't work, you
      > have to use the mouse to click on the buttons in the dialog box.
      > It will be desirable if we can get a console dialog (same as the
      > one you get when running Vim in a terminal/console) instead of the
      > GUI dialog to confirm the operations. The attached patch adds
      > a new option 'guiconfirm' to do this. When 'guiconfirm' is turned
      > on, while running GUI Vim, all 'confirm' dialogs will display
      > a GUI dialog box. When 'guiconfirm' is turned off, while running
      > GUI Vim, all 'confirm' dialogs will display a console dialog box.

      There was a todo item for this, which intended to add the 'c' flag to
      'guioptions'. Can you make it work like that?

      --
      Not too long ago, compress was something you did to garbage...

    • Yegappan Lakshmanan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2002
        Bram Moolenaar wrote:

        > Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:
        >
        > > When running GUI Vim with the 'confirm' option turned on, it can
        > > be annoying when a dialog box pops up to confirm some operations.
        > > In particular, if you are running Vim in a GUI environment like
        > > Motif, where the hot keys for the dialog buttons doesn't work, you
        > > have to use the mouse to click on the buttons in the dialog box.
        > > It will be desirable if we can get a console dialog (same as the
        > > one you get when running Vim in a terminal/console) instead of the
        > > GUI dialog to confirm the operations. The attached patch adds
        > > a new option 'guiconfirm' to do this. When 'guiconfirm' is turned
        > > on, while running GUI Vim, all 'confirm' dialogs will display
        > > a GUI dialog box. When 'guiconfirm' is turned off, while running
        > > GUI Vim, all 'confirm' dialogs will display a console dialog box.
        >
        > There was a todo item for this, which intended to add the 'c' flag to
        > 'guioptions'. Can you make it work like that?

        The attached patch implements the todo item. Use this patch instead
        of the previous patch for avoiding dialog boxes.

        - Yegappan