Re: Patch 6.0.116 Failure

  • Corinna Vinschen
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 2, 2002
      On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 09:06:58PM -0500, Bill McCarthy wrote:
      > Corrina,
      s/rrin/rinn/

      > I just downloaded MinGW-1.1 (I think that's the latest release).
      >
      > There is no accctrl.h in that 10+ meg gz.

      *shrug* Contact the MingW mailing list and ask them about that
      missing file in their Win32 headers.

      Corinna

      --
      Corinna Vinschen
      Cygwin Developer
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 2, 2002
        Corinna Vinschen <vim-dev@...> writes:
        >On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 09:06:58PM -0500, Bill McCarthy wrote:
        >> Corrina,
        > s/rrin/rinn/
        >
        >> I just downloaded MinGW-1.1 (I think that's the latest release).
        >>
        >> There is no accctrl.h in that 10+ meg gz.
        >
        >*shrug* Contact the MingW mailing list and ask them about that
        >missing file in their Win32 headers.

        Thanks for the helpful solution.

        Attached is a patch to os_win32.c, and the missing 'accctrl.h' file for
        mingw32 systems.

        Ron
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 2, 2002
          Ron Aaron wrote:

          > Thanks for the helpful solution.
          >
          > Attached is a patch to os_win32.c, and the missing 'accctrl.h' file for
          > mingw32 systems.

          Thanks. I'll include an alternate patch below. This avoids including
          the file when not using ACL. And it adds a hint to find the include
          file (I don't want to include the accctrl.h file with Vim).

          *** ../../vim60.118/src/os_win32.c Tue Jan 1 21:13:14 2002
          --- os_win32.c Wed Jan 2 22:10:11 2002
          ***************
          *** 327,332 ****
          --- 327,338 ----

          #ifdef HAVE_ACL
          # include <aclapi.h>
          + # ifdef __MINGW32__
          + /* Unfortunately, accctrl.h is not in the mingw32 distribution, try
          + * getting it from a Cygwin distribution. Or look in the archive for the
          + * vimdev maillist (January 2002). */
          + # include "accctrl.h"
          + # endif
          /*
          * These are needed to dynamically load the ADVAPI DLL, which is not
          * implemented under Windows 95 (and causes VIM to crash)

          --
          Not too long ago, unzipping in public was illegal...

        • Corinna Vinschen
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 3, 2002
            On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 11:18:24PM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

            > Ron Aaron wrote:
            >
            > > Thanks for the helpful solution.
            > >
            > > Attached is a patch to os_win32.c, and the missing 'accctrl.h' file for
            > > mingw32 systems.
            >
            > Thanks. I'll include an alternate patch below. This avoids including
            > the file when not using ACL. And it adds a hint to find the include
            > file (I don't want to include the accctrl.h file with Vim).

            Sorry but I'm a bit irritated. Just having the file accctrl.h should
            be enough since aclapi.h actually includes accctrl.h already. Implicit
            including in the source should be unnecessary.

            Corinna

            --
            Corinna Vinschen
            Cygwin Developer
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 3, 2002
              Corinna Vinschen wrote:

              > > Thanks. I'll include an alternate patch below. This avoids including
              > > the file when not using ACL. And it adds a hint to find the include
              > > file (I don't want to include the accctrl.h file with Vim).
              >
              > Sorry but I'm a bit irritated. Just having the file accctrl.h should
              > be enough since aclapi.h actually includes accctrl.h already. Implicit
              > including in the source should be unnecessary.

              I don't understand this (and I don't have the files to look in them).
              As I heard it, mingw32 does not complain about a missing include file,
              but it does complain about TRUSTEE not being defined. How can it
              suddenly include accctrl.h just because it's present?

              --
              GUARD #2: It could be carried by an African swallow!
              GUARD #1: Oh, yeah, an African swallow maybe, but not a European swallow,

            • Bill McCarthy
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 3, 2002
                On Wed, January 02, 2002 5:18 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

                > Ron Aaron wrote:

                >>Thanks for the helpful solution.
                >>
                >>Attached is a patch to os_win32.c, and the missing 'accctrl.h' file for
                >>mingw32 systems.
                >
                >Thanks. I'll include an alternate patch below. This avoids including
                >the file when not using ACL. And it adds a hint to find the include
                >file (I don't want to include the accctrl.h file with Vim).

                Thanks for the patch. I used it and added the missing
                accctrl.h to my src directory. I still get the same error
                messages wrt TRUSTEE.

                However, Ron's patch works just fine!

                Bill
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 3, 2002
                  Bill McCarthy wrote:

                  > > Ron Aaron wrote:
                  >
                  > >>Thanks for the helpful solution.
                  > >>
                  > >>Attached is a patch to os_win32.c, and the missing 'accctrl.h' file for
                  > >>mingw32 systems.
                  > >
                  > >Thanks. I'll include an alternate patch below. This avoids including
                  > >the file when not using ACL. And it adds a hint to find the include
                  > >file (I don't want to include the accctrl.h file with Vim).
                  >
                  > Thanks for the patch. I used it and added the missing
                  > accctrl.h to my src directory. I still get the same error
                  > messages wrt TRUSTEE.
                  >
                  > However, Ron's patch works just fine!

                  Strange. Why did this happen? Must accctrl.h be included before
                  aclapi.h perhaps?

                  --
                  Vim is like Emacs without all the typing. (John "Johann" Spetz)

                • Madoka Machitani
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 4, 2002
                    Quoting from os_win32.h:

                    #if !defined(__MINGW32__) \
                    && !defined(__CYGWIN__) \
                    && (!defined(__BORLANDC__) || __BORLANDC__ >= 0x550) \
                    && (!defined(_MSC_VER) || _MSC_VER > 1010)
                    /*
                    * Access Control List (actually security info).
                    * Mingw and Cygwin don't have the acl stuff.
                    * Borland only in version 5.5 and later.
                    */
                    # define HAVE_ACL
                    #endif

                    As you see, HAVE_ACL is not defined when compiled under Mingw or Cygwin.
                    Ron's patch works since it includes accctrl.h outside of the `#ifdef
                    HAVE_ACL' statement.

                    --
                    Madoka Machitani <madokam@...>
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 5, 2002
                      Madoka Machitani wrote:

                      > Quoting from os_win32.h:
                      >
                      > #if !defined(__MINGW32__) \
                      > && !defined(__CYGWIN__) \
                      > && (!defined(__BORLANDC__) || __BORLANDC__ >= 0x550) \
                      > && (!defined(_MSC_VER) || _MSC_VER > 1010)
                      > /*
                      > * Access Control List (actually security info).
                      > * Mingw and Cygwin don't have the acl stuff.
                      > * Borland only in version 5.5 and later.
                      > */
                      > # define HAVE_ACL
                      > #endif
                      >
                      > As you see, HAVE_ACL is not defined when compiled under Mingw or Cygwin.
                      > Ron's patch works since it includes accctrl.h outside of the `#ifdef
                      > HAVE_ACL' statement.

                      Thanks for pointing this out. The actual problem wasn't missing a
                      header file, but using TRUSTEE when it shouldn't. Try this patch
                      instead (after patch 6.0.116 and without the previous "fixes"):

                      *** ../../vim60.118/src/os_win32.c Tue Jan 1 21:13:14 2002
                      --- os_win32.c Sat Jan 5 13:29:06 2002
                      ***************
                      *** 4058,4064 ****
                      --- 4058,4066 ----
                      BOOL aclDefault;
                      HANDLE hToken;
                      DWORD bytes;
                      + #ifdef HAVE_ACL
                      TRUSTEE t;
                      + #endif
                      ACCESS_MASK am;
                      ACCESS_MASK cm;
                      PACL pacl;

                      --
                      FATHER: You killed eight wedding guests in all!
                      LAUNCELOT: Er, Well ... the thing is ... I thought your son was a lady.

                    • Bill McCarthy
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 8, 2002
                        Bram Moolenaar worte:

                        > Madoka Machitani wrote:
                        >
                        > > Quoting from os_win32.h:
                        > >
                        > > #if !defined(__MINGW32__) \
                        > > && !defined(__CYGWIN__) \
                        > > && (!defined(__BORLANDC__) || __BORLANDC__ >= 0x550) \
                        > > && (!defined(_MSC_VER) || _MSC_VER > 1010)
                        > > /*
                        > > * Access Control List (actually security info).
                        > > * Mingw and Cygwin don't have the acl stuff.
                        > > * Borland only in version 5.5 and later.
                        > > */
                        > > # define HAVE_ACL
                        > > #endif
                        > >
                        > > As you see, HAVE_ACL is not defined when compiled under Mingw or
                        > > Cygwin. Ron's patch works since it includes accctrl.h outside of
                        > > the `#ifdef HAVE_ACL' statement.
                        >
                        > Thanks for pointing this out. The actual problem wasn't missing a
                        > header file, but using TRUSTEE when it shouldn't. Try this patch
                        > instead (after patch 6.0.116 and without the previous "fixes"):
                        >
                        > *** ../../vim60.118/src/os_win32.c Tue Jan 1 21:13:14 2002
                        > --- os_win32.c Sat Jan 5 13:29:06 2002
                        > ***************
                        > *** 4058,4064 ****
                        > --- 4058,4066 ----
                        > BOOL aclDefault;
                        > HANDLE hToken;
                        > DWORD bytes;
                        > + #ifdef HAVE_ACL
                        > TRUSTEE t;
                        > + #endif
                        > ACCESS_MASK am;
                        > ACCESS_MASK cm;
                        > PACL pacl;

                        Thanks for spotting this Madoka and thanks for the patch Bram.

                        The acccctrl.h file is no longer needed and the patch works fine.
                        Please make an "official" patch - particularly important to those of
                        us using CVS - I've written a special MakeFile for the interim.

                        BTW, patches 119 and 120 haven't make it to CVS yet.

                        Regards,
                        Bill