Re: Patch 6.0.116 Failure

  • Ron Aaron
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 1, 2002
      Corinna Vinschen <vim-dev@...> writes:
      >On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 11:27:46PM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      >>

      >> Can someone find out how to solve this? I have no idea where mingw32
      >> would define TRUSTEE.
      >
      >#include <accctrl.h>
      >
      >Corinna

      mingw32 doesn't have that header file.

      Can someone post a copy of that header file please?

      Ron
    • Corinna Vinschen
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 1, 2002
        On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 03:12:11PM -0800, Ron Aaron wrote:
        > Corinna Vinschen <vim-dev@...> writes:
        > >On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 11:27:46PM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > >>

        > >> Can someone find out how to solve this? I have no idea where mingw32
        > >> would define TRUSTEE.
        > >
        > >#include <accctrl.h>
        > >
        > >Corinna
        >
        > mingw32 doesn't have that header file.

        Do you have the latest version of the mingw headers? They should
        be the same as the Cygwin headers.

        Corinna

        --
        Corinna Vinschen
        Cygwin Developer
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 1, 2002
          Corrina,

          I just downloaded MinGW-1.1 (I think that's the latest release).

          There is no accctrl.h in that 10+ meg gz.

          Bill
        • Corinna Vinschen
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 2, 2002
            On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 09:06:58PM -0500, Bill McCarthy wrote:
            > Corrina,
            s/rrin/rinn/

            > I just downloaded MinGW-1.1 (I think that's the latest release).
            >
            > There is no accctrl.h in that 10+ meg gz.

            *shrug* Contact the MingW mailing list and ask them about that
            missing file in their Win32 headers.

            Corinna

            --
            Corinna Vinschen
            Cygwin Developer
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 2, 2002
              Corinna Vinschen <vim-dev@...> writes:
              >On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 09:06:58PM -0500, Bill McCarthy wrote:
              >> Corrina,
              > s/rrin/rinn/
              >
              >> I just downloaded MinGW-1.1 (I think that's the latest release).
              >>
              >> There is no accctrl.h in that 10+ meg gz.
              >
              >*shrug* Contact the MingW mailing list and ask them about that
              >missing file in their Win32 headers.

              Thanks for the helpful solution.

              Attached is a patch to os_win32.c, and the missing 'accctrl.h' file for
              mingw32 systems.

              Ron
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 2, 2002
                Ron Aaron wrote:

                > Thanks for the helpful solution.
                >
                > Attached is a patch to os_win32.c, and the missing 'accctrl.h' file for
                > mingw32 systems.

                Thanks. I'll include an alternate patch below. This avoids including
                the file when not using ACL. And it adds a hint to find the include
                file (I don't want to include the accctrl.h file with Vim).

                *** ../../vim60.118/src/os_win32.c Tue Jan 1 21:13:14 2002
                --- os_win32.c Wed Jan 2 22:10:11 2002
                ***************
                *** 327,332 ****
                --- 327,338 ----

                #ifdef HAVE_ACL
                # include <aclapi.h>
                + # ifdef __MINGW32__
                + /* Unfortunately, accctrl.h is not in the mingw32 distribution, try
                + * getting it from a Cygwin distribution. Or look in the archive for the
                + * vimdev maillist (January 2002). */
                + # include "accctrl.h"
                + # endif
                /*
                * These are needed to dynamically load the ADVAPI DLL, which is not
                * implemented under Windows 95 (and causes VIM to crash)

                --
                Not too long ago, unzipping in public was illegal...

              • Corinna Vinschen
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 3, 2002
                  On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 11:18:24PM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

                  > Ron Aaron wrote:
                  >
                  > > Thanks for the helpful solution.
                  > >
                  > > Attached is a patch to os_win32.c, and the missing 'accctrl.h' file for
                  > > mingw32 systems.
                  >
                  > Thanks. I'll include an alternate patch below. This avoids including
                  > the file when not using ACL. And it adds a hint to find the include
                  > file (I don't want to include the accctrl.h file with Vim).

                  Sorry but I'm a bit irritated. Just having the file accctrl.h should
                  be enough since aclapi.h actually includes accctrl.h already. Implicit
                  including in the source should be unnecessary.

                  Corinna

                  --
                  Corinna Vinschen
                  Cygwin Developer
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 3, 2002
                    Corinna Vinschen wrote:

                    > > Thanks. I'll include an alternate patch below. This avoids including
                    > > the file when not using ACL. And it adds a hint to find the include
                    > > file (I don't want to include the accctrl.h file with Vim).
                    >
                    > Sorry but I'm a bit irritated. Just having the file accctrl.h should
                    > be enough since aclapi.h actually includes accctrl.h already. Implicit
                    > including in the source should be unnecessary.

                    I don't understand this (and I don't have the files to look in them).
                    As I heard it, mingw32 does not complain about a missing include file,
                    but it does complain about TRUSTEE not being defined. How can it
                    suddenly include accctrl.h just because it's present?

                    --
                    GUARD #2: It could be carried by an African swallow!
                    GUARD #1: Oh, yeah, an African swallow maybe, but not a European swallow,

                  • Bill McCarthy
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 3, 2002
                      On Wed, January 02, 2002 5:18 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

                      > Ron Aaron wrote:

                      >>Thanks for the helpful solution.
                      >>
                      >>Attached is a patch to os_win32.c, and the missing 'accctrl.h' file for
                      >>mingw32 systems.
                      >
                      >Thanks. I'll include an alternate patch below. This avoids including
                      >the file when not using ACL. And it adds a hint to find the include
                      >file (I don't want to include the accctrl.h file with Vim).

                      Thanks for the patch. I used it and added the missing
                      accctrl.h to my src directory. I still get the same error
                      messages wrt TRUSTEE.

                      However, Ron's patch works just fine!

                      Bill
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 3, 2002
                        Bill McCarthy wrote:

                        > > Ron Aaron wrote:
                        >
                        > >>Thanks for the helpful solution.
                        > >>
                        > >>Attached is a patch to os_win32.c, and the missing 'accctrl.h' file for
                        > >>mingw32 systems.
                        > >
                        > >Thanks. I'll include an alternate patch below. This avoids including
                        > >the file when not using ACL. And it adds a hint to find the include
                        > >file (I don't want to include the accctrl.h file with Vim).
                        >
                        > Thanks for the patch. I used it and added the missing
                        > accctrl.h to my src directory. I still get the same error
                        > messages wrt TRUSTEE.
                        >
                        > However, Ron's patch works just fine!

                        Strange. Why did this happen? Must accctrl.h be included before
                        aclapi.h perhaps?

                        --
                        Vim is like Emacs without all the typing. (John "Johann" Spetz)

                      • Madoka Machitani
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 4, 2002
                          Quoting from os_win32.h:

                          #if !defined(__MINGW32__) \
                          && !defined(__CYGWIN__) \
                          && (!defined(__BORLANDC__) || __BORLANDC__ >= 0x550) \
                          && (!defined(_MSC_VER) || _MSC_VER > 1010)
                          /*
                          * Access Control List (actually security info).
                          * Mingw and Cygwin don't have the acl stuff.
                          * Borland only in version 5.5 and later.
                          */
                          # define HAVE_ACL
                          #endif

                          As you see, HAVE_ACL is not defined when compiled under Mingw or Cygwin.
                          Ron's patch works since it includes accctrl.h outside of the `#ifdef
                          HAVE_ACL' statement.

                          --
                          Madoka Machitani <madokam@...>
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 5, 2002
                            Madoka Machitani wrote:

                            > Quoting from os_win32.h:
                            >
                            > #if !defined(__MINGW32__) \
                            > && !defined(__CYGWIN__) \
                            > && (!defined(__BORLANDC__) || __BORLANDC__ >= 0x550) \
                            > && (!defined(_MSC_VER) || _MSC_VER > 1010)
                            > /*
                            > * Access Control List (actually security info).
                            > * Mingw and Cygwin don't have the acl stuff.
                            > * Borland only in version 5.5 and later.
                            > */
                            > # define HAVE_ACL
                            > #endif
                            >
                            > As you see, HAVE_ACL is not defined when compiled under Mingw or Cygwin.
                            > Ron's patch works since it includes accctrl.h outside of the `#ifdef
                            > HAVE_ACL' statement.

                            Thanks for pointing this out. The actual problem wasn't missing a
                            header file, but using TRUSTEE when it shouldn't. Try this patch
                            instead (after patch 6.0.116 and without the previous "fixes"):

                            *** ../../vim60.118/src/os_win32.c Tue Jan 1 21:13:14 2002
                            --- os_win32.c Sat Jan 5 13:29:06 2002
                            ***************
                            *** 4058,4064 ****
                            --- 4058,4066 ----
                            BOOL aclDefault;
                            HANDLE hToken;
                            DWORD bytes;
                            + #ifdef HAVE_ACL
                            TRUSTEE t;
                            + #endif
                            ACCESS_MASK am;
                            ACCESS_MASK cm;
                            PACL pacl;

                            --
                            FATHER: You killed eight wedding guests in all!
                            LAUNCELOT: Er, Well ... the thing is ... I thought your son was a lady.

                          • Bill McCarthy
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jan 8, 2002
                              Bram Moolenaar worte:

                              > Madoka Machitani wrote:
                              >
                              > > Quoting from os_win32.h:
                              > >
                              > > #if !defined(__MINGW32__) \
                              > > && !defined(__CYGWIN__) \
                              > > && (!defined(__BORLANDC__) || __BORLANDC__ >= 0x550) \
                              > > && (!defined(_MSC_VER) || _MSC_VER > 1010)
                              > > /*
                              > > * Access Control List (actually security info).
                              > > * Mingw and Cygwin don't have the acl stuff.
                              > > * Borland only in version 5.5 and later.
                              > > */
                              > > # define HAVE_ACL
                              > > #endif
                              > >
                              > > As you see, HAVE_ACL is not defined when compiled under Mingw or
                              > > Cygwin. Ron's patch works since it includes accctrl.h outside of
                              > > the `#ifdef HAVE_ACL' statement.
                              >
                              > Thanks for pointing this out. The actual problem wasn't missing a
                              > header file, but using TRUSTEE when it shouldn't. Try this patch
                              > instead (after patch 6.0.116 and without the previous "fixes"):
                              >
                              > *** ../../vim60.118/src/os_win32.c Tue Jan 1 21:13:14 2002
                              > --- os_win32.c Sat Jan 5 13:29:06 2002
                              > ***************
                              > *** 4058,4064 ****
                              > --- 4058,4066 ----
                              > BOOL aclDefault;
                              > HANDLE hToken;
                              > DWORD bytes;
                              > + #ifdef HAVE_ACL
                              > TRUSTEE t;
                              > + #endif
                              > ACCESS_MASK am;
                              > ACCESS_MASK cm;
                              > PACL pacl;

                              Thanks for spotting this Madoka and thanks for the patch Bram.

                              The acccctrl.h file is no longer needed and the patch works fine.
                              Please make an "official" patch - particularly important to those of
                              us using CVS - I've written a special MakeFile for the interim.

                              BTW, patches 119 and 120 haven't make it to CVS yet.

                              Regards,
                              Bill