Patch 6.0.116 Failure

  • Bill McCarthy
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 1, 2002
      This patch failed on Win2000 using mingw32. Here is the output of the
      failure from os_win32.c:

      gcc -Iproto -DWIN32 -DPC -DFEAT_GUI_W32 -DFEAT_CLIPBOARD -DFEAT_BIG
      -pipe -malign-double -mwide-multiply -w -march=i686 -mcpu=i686
      -Wall -DFEAT_PYTHON -I c:/util/python21/include -DDYNAMIC_PYTHON
      -s -fomit-frame-pointer -freg-struct-return -malign-double
      -mwide-multiply -finline-functions -O3 -c os_win32.c -o
      os_win32.o
      os_win32.c: In function `mch_access':
      os_win32.c:4061: `TRUSTEE' undeclared (first use in this function)
      os_win32.c:4061: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
      os_win32.c:4061: for each function it appears in.)
      os_win32.c:4061: parse error before `t'
      make: *** [os_win32.o] Error 1

      Bill
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 1, 2002
        Bill McCarthy wrote:

        > This patch failed on Win2000 using mingw32. Here is the output of the
        > failure from os_win32.c:

        > gcc -Iproto -DWIN32 -DPC -DFEAT_GUI_W32 -DFEAT_CLIPBOARD -DFEAT_BIG
        > -pipe -malign-double -mwide-multiply -w -march=i686 -mcpu=i686
        > -Wall -DFEAT_PYTHON -I c:/util/python21/include -DDYNAMIC_PYTHON
        > -s -fomit-frame-pointer -freg-struct-return -malign-double
        > -mwide-multiply -finline-functions -O3 -c os_win32.c -o
        > os_win32.o
        > os_win32.c: In function `mch_access':
        > os_win32.c:4061: `TRUSTEE' undeclared (first use in this function)
        > os_win32.c:4061: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
        > os_win32.c:4061: for each function it appears in.)
        > os_win32.c:4061: parse error before `t'
        > make: *** [os_win32.o] Error 1

        Can someone find out how to solve this? I have no idea where mingw32
        would define TRUSTEE.

        --
        DINGO: You must spank her well and after you have spanked her you
        may deal with her as you like and then ... spank me.

      • Corinna Vinschen
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 1, 2002
          On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 11:27:46PM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

          > Bill McCarthy wrote:
          >
          > > This patch failed on Win2000 using mingw32. Here is the output of the
          > > failure from os_win32.c:

          > > gcc -Iproto -DWIN32 -DPC -DFEAT_GUI_W32 -DFEAT_CLIPBOARD -DFEAT_BIG
          > > -pipe -malign-double -mwide-multiply -w -march=i686 -mcpu=i686
          > > -Wall -DFEAT_PYTHON -I c:/util/python21/include -DDYNAMIC_PYTHON
          > > -s -fomit-frame-pointer -freg-struct-return -malign-double
          > > -mwide-multiply -finline-functions -O3 -c os_win32.c -o
          > > os_win32.o
          > > os_win32.c: In function `mch_access':
          > > os_win32.c:4061: `TRUSTEE' undeclared (first use in this function)
          > > os_win32.c:4061: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
          > > os_win32.c:4061: for each function it appears in.)
          > > os_win32.c:4061: parse error before `t'
          > > make: *** [os_win32.o] Error 1
          >
          > Can someone find out how to solve this? I have no idea where mingw32
          > would define TRUSTEE.

          #include <accctrl.h>

          Corinna

          --
          Corinna Vinschen
          Cygwin Developer
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 1, 2002
            Corinna Vinschen <vim-dev@...> writes:
            >On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 11:27:46PM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
            >>

            >> Can someone find out how to solve this? I have no idea where mingw32
            >> would define TRUSTEE.
            >
            >#include <accctrl.h>
            >
            >Corinna

            mingw32 doesn't have that header file.

            Can someone post a copy of that header file please?

            Ron
          • Corinna Vinschen
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 1, 2002
              On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 03:12:11PM -0800, Ron Aaron wrote:
              > Corinna Vinschen <vim-dev@...> writes:
              > >On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 11:27:46PM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
              > >>

              > >> Can someone find out how to solve this? I have no idea where mingw32
              > >> would define TRUSTEE.
              > >
              > >#include <accctrl.h>
              > >
              > >Corinna
              >
              > mingw32 doesn't have that header file.

              Do you have the latest version of the mingw headers? They should
              be the same as the Cygwin headers.

              Corinna

              --
              Corinna Vinschen
              Cygwin Developer
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 1, 2002
                Corrina,

                I just downloaded MinGW-1.1 (I think that's the latest release).

                There is no accctrl.h in that 10+ meg gz.

                Bill
              • Corinna Vinschen
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 2, 2002
                  On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 09:06:58PM -0500, Bill McCarthy wrote:
                  > Corrina,
                  s/rrin/rinn/

                  > I just downloaded MinGW-1.1 (I think that's the latest release).
                  >
                  > There is no accctrl.h in that 10+ meg gz.

                  *shrug* Contact the MingW mailing list and ask them about that
                  missing file in their Win32 headers.

                  Corinna

                  --
                  Corinna Vinschen
                  Cygwin Developer
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 2, 2002
                    Corinna Vinschen <vim-dev@...> writes:
                    >On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 09:06:58PM -0500, Bill McCarthy wrote:
                    >> Corrina,
                    > s/rrin/rinn/
                    >
                    >> I just downloaded MinGW-1.1 (I think that's the latest release).
                    >>
                    >> There is no accctrl.h in that 10+ meg gz.
                    >
                    >*shrug* Contact the MingW mailing list and ask them about that
                    >missing file in their Win32 headers.

                    Thanks for the helpful solution.

                    Attached is a patch to os_win32.c, and the missing 'accctrl.h' file for
                    mingw32 systems.

                    Ron
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 2, 2002
                      Ron Aaron wrote:

                      > Thanks for the helpful solution.
                      >
                      > Attached is a patch to os_win32.c, and the missing 'accctrl.h' file for
                      > mingw32 systems.

                      Thanks. I'll include an alternate patch below. This avoids including
                      the file when not using ACL. And it adds a hint to find the include
                      file (I don't want to include the accctrl.h file with Vim).

                      *** ../../vim60.118/src/os_win32.c Tue Jan 1 21:13:14 2002
                      --- os_win32.c Wed Jan 2 22:10:11 2002
                      ***************
                      *** 327,332 ****
                      --- 327,338 ----

                      #ifdef HAVE_ACL
                      # include <aclapi.h>
                      + # ifdef __MINGW32__
                      + /* Unfortunately, accctrl.h is not in the mingw32 distribution, try
                      + * getting it from a Cygwin distribution. Or look in the archive for the
                      + * vimdev maillist (January 2002). */
                      + # include "accctrl.h"
                      + # endif
                      /*
                      * These are needed to dynamically load the ADVAPI DLL, which is not
                      * implemented under Windows 95 (and causes VIM to crash)

                      --
                      Not too long ago, unzipping in public was illegal...

                    • Corinna Vinschen
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 3, 2002
                        On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 11:18:24PM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

                        > Ron Aaron wrote:
                        >
                        > > Thanks for the helpful solution.
                        > >
                        > > Attached is a patch to os_win32.c, and the missing 'accctrl.h' file for
                        > > mingw32 systems.
                        >
                        > Thanks. I'll include an alternate patch below. This avoids including
                        > the file when not using ACL. And it adds a hint to find the include
                        > file (I don't want to include the accctrl.h file with Vim).

                        Sorry but I'm a bit irritated. Just having the file accctrl.h should
                        be enough since aclapi.h actually includes accctrl.h already. Implicit
                        including in the source should be unnecessary.

                        Corinna

                        --
                        Corinna Vinschen
                        Cygwin Developer
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 3, 2002
                          Corinna Vinschen wrote:

                          > > Thanks. I'll include an alternate patch below. This avoids including
                          > > the file when not using ACL. And it adds a hint to find the include
                          > > file (I don't want to include the accctrl.h file with Vim).
                          >
                          > Sorry but I'm a bit irritated. Just having the file accctrl.h should
                          > be enough since aclapi.h actually includes accctrl.h already. Implicit
                          > including in the source should be unnecessary.

                          I don't understand this (and I don't have the files to look in them).
                          As I heard it, mingw32 does not complain about a missing include file,
                          but it does complain about TRUSTEE not being defined. How can it
                          suddenly include accctrl.h just because it's present?

                          --
                          GUARD #2: It could be carried by an African swallow!
                          GUARD #1: Oh, yeah, an African swallow maybe, but not a European swallow,

                        • Bill McCarthy
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 3, 2002
                            On Wed, January 02, 2002 5:18 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

                            > Ron Aaron wrote:

                            >>Thanks for the helpful solution.
                            >>
                            >>Attached is a patch to os_win32.c, and the missing 'accctrl.h' file for
                            >>mingw32 systems.
                            >
                            >Thanks. I'll include an alternate patch below. This avoids including
                            >the file when not using ACL. And it adds a hint to find the include
                            >file (I don't want to include the accctrl.h file with Vim).

                            Thanks for the patch. I used it and added the missing
                            accctrl.h to my src directory. I still get the same error
                            messages wrt TRUSTEE.

                            However, Ron's patch works just fine!

                            Bill
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jan 3, 2002
                              Bill McCarthy wrote:

                              > > Ron Aaron wrote:
                              >
                              > >>Thanks for the helpful solution.
                              > >>
                              > >>Attached is a patch to os_win32.c, and the missing 'accctrl.h' file for
                              > >>mingw32 systems.
                              > >
                              > >Thanks. I'll include an alternate patch below. This avoids including
                              > >the file when not using ACL. And it adds a hint to find the include
                              > >file (I don't want to include the accctrl.h file with Vim).
                              >
                              > Thanks for the patch. I used it and added the missing
                              > accctrl.h to my src directory. I still get the same error
                              > messages wrt TRUSTEE.
                              >
                              > However, Ron's patch works just fine!

                              Strange. Why did this happen? Must accctrl.h be included before
                              aclapi.h perhaps?

                              --
                              Vim is like Emacs without all the typing. (John "Johann" Spetz)

                            • Madoka Machitani
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jan 4, 2002
                                Quoting from os_win32.h:

                                #if !defined(__MINGW32__) \
                                && !defined(__CYGWIN__) \
                                && (!defined(__BORLANDC__) || __BORLANDC__ >= 0x550) \
                                && (!defined(_MSC_VER) || _MSC_VER > 1010)
                                /*
                                * Access Control List (actually security info).
                                * Mingw and Cygwin don't have the acl stuff.
                                * Borland only in version 5.5 and later.
                                */
                                # define HAVE_ACL
                                #endif

                                As you see, HAVE_ACL is not defined when compiled under Mingw or Cygwin.
                                Ron's patch works since it includes accctrl.h outside of the `#ifdef
                                HAVE_ACL' statement.

                                --
                                Madoka Machitani <madokam@...>
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jan 5, 2002
                                  Madoka Machitani wrote:

                                  > Quoting from os_win32.h:
                                  >
                                  > #if !defined(__MINGW32__) \
                                  > && !defined(__CYGWIN__) \
                                  > && (!defined(__BORLANDC__) || __BORLANDC__ >= 0x550) \
                                  > && (!defined(_MSC_VER) || _MSC_VER > 1010)
                                  > /*
                                  > * Access Control List (actually security info).
                                  > * Mingw and Cygwin don't have the acl stuff.
                                  > * Borland only in version 5.5 and later.
                                  > */
                                  > # define HAVE_ACL
                                  > #endif
                                  >
                                  > As you see, HAVE_ACL is not defined when compiled under Mingw or Cygwin.
                                  > Ron's patch works since it includes accctrl.h outside of the `#ifdef
                                  > HAVE_ACL' statement.

                                  Thanks for pointing this out. The actual problem wasn't missing a
                                  header file, but using TRUSTEE when it shouldn't. Try this patch
                                  instead (after patch 6.0.116 and without the previous "fixes"):

                                  *** ../../vim60.118/src/os_win32.c Tue Jan 1 21:13:14 2002
                                  --- os_win32.c Sat Jan 5 13:29:06 2002
                                  ***************
                                  *** 4058,4064 ****
                                  --- 4058,4066 ----
                                  BOOL aclDefault;
                                  HANDLE hToken;
                                  DWORD bytes;
                                  + #ifdef HAVE_ACL
                                  TRUSTEE t;
                                  + #endif
                                  ACCESS_MASK am;
                                  ACCESS_MASK cm;
                                  PACL pacl;

                                  --
                                  FATHER: You killed eight wedding guests in all!
                                  LAUNCELOT: Er, Well ... the thing is ... I thought your son was a lady.

                                • Bill McCarthy
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jan 8, 2002
                                    Bram Moolenaar worte:

                                    > Madoka Machitani wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > Quoting from os_win32.h:
                                    > >
                                    > > #if !defined(__MINGW32__) \
                                    > > && !defined(__CYGWIN__) \
                                    > > && (!defined(__BORLANDC__) || __BORLANDC__ >= 0x550) \
                                    > > && (!defined(_MSC_VER) || _MSC_VER > 1010)
                                    > > /*
                                    > > * Access Control List (actually security info).
                                    > > * Mingw and Cygwin don't have the acl stuff.
                                    > > * Borland only in version 5.5 and later.
                                    > > */
                                    > > # define HAVE_ACL
                                    > > #endif
                                    > >
                                    > > As you see, HAVE_ACL is not defined when compiled under Mingw or
                                    > > Cygwin. Ron's patch works since it includes accctrl.h outside of
                                    > > the `#ifdef HAVE_ACL' statement.
                                    >
                                    > Thanks for pointing this out. The actual problem wasn't missing a
                                    > header file, but using TRUSTEE when it shouldn't. Try this patch
                                    > instead (after patch 6.0.116 and without the previous "fixes"):
                                    >
                                    > *** ../../vim60.118/src/os_win32.c Tue Jan 1 21:13:14 2002
                                    > --- os_win32.c Sat Jan 5 13:29:06 2002
                                    > ***************
                                    > *** 4058,4064 ****
                                    > --- 4058,4066 ----
                                    > BOOL aclDefault;
                                    > HANDLE hToken;
                                    > DWORD bytes;
                                    > + #ifdef HAVE_ACL
                                    > TRUSTEE t;
                                    > + #endif
                                    > ACCESS_MASK am;
                                    > ACCESS_MASK cm;
                                    > PACL pacl;

                                    Thanks for spotting this Madoka and thanks for the patch Bram.

                                    The acccctrl.h file is no longer needed and the patch works fine.
                                    Please make an "official" patch - particularly important to those of
                                    us using CVS - I've written a special MakeFile for the interim.

                                    BTW, patches 119 and 120 haven't make it to CVS yet.

                                    Regards,
                                    Bill