vim made with bc5 breaks in regexp

  • Yasuhiro Matsumoto
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2001
      hello bram.

      vim made with bc5 break sometime in regexp.
      this cause is check stack overflow.
      below is a patch for erase this option.

      *** Make_bc5.org Tue Nov 20 19:07:22 2001
      --- Make_bc5.mak Tue Nov 20 19:07:44 2001
      ***************
      *** 192,198 ****
      !if ($(OPTIMIZE)==SPACE)
      OPT = -O1 -f- -N- -d
      !else
      ! OPT = -O2 -f- -d -N- -Oca -O
      !endif
      !if ("$(FASTCALL)"=="yes")
      OPT = $(OPT) -pr
      --- 192,198 ----
      !if ($(OPTIMIZE)==SPACE)
      OPT = -O1 -f- -N- -d
      !else
      ! OPT = -O2 -f- -d -Oca -O
      !endif
      !if ("$(FASTCALL)"=="yes")
      OPT = $(OPT) -pr
      ***************
      *** 377,383 ****
      CC = $(BOR)\BIN\Bcc32
      LFLAGS = -OS -r -Tpe -c -m -L$(LIB) $(DEBUG) $(LINK2)
      LFLAGSDLL = -Tpd -c -m -L$(LIB) $(DEBUG) $(LINK2)
      ! CFLAGS = -w- -w-aus -w-par -I$(INCLUDE) -P- -d -x- -RT- -k- -Oi $(HEADERS)
      -N- -f-
      !endif

      CC1 = -c
      --- 377,383 ----
      CC = $(BOR)\BIN\Bcc32
      LFLAGS = -OS -r -Tpe -c -m -L$(LIB) $(DEBUG) $(LINK2)
      LFLAGSDLL = -Tpd -c -m -L$(LIB) $(DEBUG) $(LINK2)
      ! CFLAGS = -w- -w-aus -w-par -I$(INCLUDE) -P- -d -x- -RT- -k- -Oi $(HEADERS)
      -f-
      !endif

      CC1 = -c
      --
      Yasuhiro

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12, 2001
        Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

        > vim made with bc5 break sometime in regexp.
        > this cause is check stack overflow.
        > below is a patch for erase this option.

        This removes the "-N-" argument from the CFLAGS. What did this argument
        do?

        There is one more place where "-N-" is used, shouldn't that be removed
        as well?

        --
        I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.
        -- Michael Davis -- "Tonight Show"

      • Yasuhiro Matsumoto
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 12, 2001
          >Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:
          >
          > > vim made with bc5 break sometime in regexp.
          > > this cause is check stack overflow.
          > > below is a patch for erase this option.
          >
          >This removes the "-N-" argument from the CFLAGS. What did this argument
          >do?
          >
          >There is one more place where "-N-" is used, shouldn't that be removed
          >as well?

          "-N" is for "Check stack overflow"
          and "-N-" mean "don't check stack overflow"
          but "-N-" seems that don't work correctly.

          I tried two case as below.
          with -N-
          without -N-

          the first case break vim with big regexp.
          and the second don't break rather than the first.

          thus i removed the option.

          i'll try more.
          please wait.

          thanks.

        • Yasuhiro Matsumoto
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2002
            - bram
            >A few weeks ago you wrote:
            >I'm still waiting... Did you manage to find out more about -N-?

            Oh sorry.
            It is better surely not to add -N-.
            But I want more informations.

            I may have better to ask others for help.

            Every one, can you test same?
            on borland c++ compiler,