Re: VIM keymap change

  • Nadim Shaikli
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2001
      --- Isam Bayazidi <bayazidi at accessme dot com> wrote:
      > Salam Nadim
      > I ran 'set keymap=arabic' .. and it writes arabic perfectly ..
      > after it I decide to write some english so I 'set keymap=' to reset it ..
      > I write some english .. when I return to 'set keymap=arabic' it does not
      > return.. it starts to write rubish ..
      >
      > Just reporting an error ..

      Thanks - hopefully we'll have a real bug-tracking system soon
      on arabeyes ;-)

      You don't need to reset the keymap - simply set it for Arabic in
      the beginning and then use CTRL-^ to switch back and forth between
      Arabic and default English (of course while you are in 'insert' mode).

      In any regard, I committed a fix relating this matter - give it try.

      - Nadim

      http://greetings.yahoo.com