CTRL+V in GVIM

  • Scott Carr
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2001
      CTRL + V in the GVIM win32 version is mapped to Put/Paste text.

      How do you add <CR> or other special characters if this mapping is in place?

      Thanks

      Scott
    • Scott Carr
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2001
        A little more info:

        I have already removed the mapping. I was just bringing it up as a
        potential problem to users. If the mapping is in place then all the
        Help that tells the user to press CTRL+V to add special characters is
        meaningless.

        Scott

        Scott Carr wrote:

        > CTRL + V in the GVIM win32 version is mapped to Put/Paste text.
        > How do you add <CR> or other special characters if this mapping is in
        > place?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Scott

      • Dan Sharp
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2001
          >From: Scott Carr <scottcarr@...>
          >
          >CTRL + V in the GVIM win32 version is mapped to Put/Paste text.
          >
          >How do you add <CR> or other special characters if this mapping is in
          >place?

          CTRL + Q

          See :help i_CTRL-V or :help i_CTRL-Q (for inserting special characters) and
          :help CTRL-V-alternative (for starting visual block mode).

          Dan Sharp