'vim -g' under a debugger

  • Nadim Shaikli
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2001
      I've been unable to successfully run 'vim -g' under a debugger ('ups' or
      'ddd' with gdb). Is there something that I'm missing in order to be able
      to do that successfully ?

      Note: vim was compiled, of course, with the -g flag.

      I, currently, get the following message -

      Vim: Caught deadly signal TRAP
      Vim: Finished.

      and an abrupt exit to boot :-)

      Anyone out there able to run graphical-vim under a debugger ?

      - Nadim

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • Ron Aaron
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2001
        Hi, Nadim --

        You'll want the '-f' flag to tell gvim not to fork.

        Ron