Re: -xrm is not recognized

  • Pawel S. Veselov
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2001
      Neil,

      On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Neil Bird wrote:

      >> Around about 12/04/01 10:36, Pawel S. Veselov scribbled ...
      >>> Just discovered, that '-xrm' option doesn't get recognized for gvim.
      >>> May be '-xrm' should be changed into something else.
      >> Sure you're running the motif version of gvim? If so, then it would
      >> appear to be a bug, plain & simple.
      > Just compiled up a motif gvim 6.0; -xrm works OK for me
      >alongside -x (Sparc/Solaris 2.6).

      Yeah, well, it appeared that I had -DFEAT_GUI_GTK for some reason,
      though it did look like motif ! :) Anyway, that also answers why didn't
      my resources get actually fetched from the xrd...

      Bye.
      --
      Pawel S. Veselov (software developer, Engineering Services) __ __(O) _ __
      e-mail: Pawel.Veselov@... \ V /| || ' \
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2001
        Pawel S. Veselov wrote:

        >Neil,
        >
        >On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Neil Bird wrote:
        >
        >>>Around about 12/04/01 10:36, Pawel S. Veselov scribbled ...

        >>> Sure you're running the motif version of gvim? If so, then it would
        >>>appear to be a bug, plain & simple.
        >>>
        >> Just compiled up a motif gvim 6.0; -xrm works OK for me
        >>alongside -x (Sparc/Solaris 2.6).
        >>

        >Yeah, well, it appeared that I had -DFEAT_GUI_GTK for some reason,
        >though it did look like motif ! :) Anyway, that also answers why didn't
        >my resources get actually fetched from the xrd...

        The -xrm works for any "Xt" based X-Windows GUI program, like Motif GVim
        or the Athena version of GVim.

        --David Jr.