-xrm is not recognized

  • Pawel S. Veselov
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2001
      Hi !

      Just discovered, that '-xrm' option doesn't get recognized for gvim.
      Instead, it falls into 'encryption' mode, since '-x' means that.

      Looks like this happening since '-x' expects arguments or something
      and the reminder 'rm' is treated as an argument instead being treated
      as the rest of the option name, since '-rv' works perfectly.

      May be '-xrm' should be changed into something else.

      Thanks,
      Pawel.

      Bye.
      --
      Pawel S. Veselov (software developer, Engineering Services) __ __(O) _ __
      e-mail: Pawel.Veselov@... \ V /| || ' \
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2001
        Around about 12/04/01 10:36, Pawel S. Veselov scribbled ...

        > Just discovered, that '-xrm' option doesn't get recognized for gvim.
        > May be '-xrm' should be changed into something else.

        Sure you're running the motif version of gvim? If so, then
        it would appear to be a bug, plain & simple.

        --
        [neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
        [neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2001
          Around about 12/04/01 10:50, Neil Bird scribbled ...

          > Around about 12/04/01 10:36, Pawel S. Veselov scribbled ...
          >> Just discovered, that '-xrm' option doesn't get recognized
          for gvim.
          >> May be '-xrm' should be changed into something else.
          > Sure you're running the motif version of gvim? If so, then
          it would
          > appear to be a bug, plain & simple.

          Just compiled up a motif gvim 6.0; -xrm works OK for me
          alongside -x (Sparc/Solaris 2.6).

          --
          [neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
          [neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2001
            Neil,

            On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Neil Bird wrote:

            >> Around about 12/04/01 10:36, Pawel S. Veselov scribbled ...
            >>> Just discovered, that '-xrm' option doesn't get recognized for gvim.
            >>> May be '-xrm' should be changed into something else.
            >> Sure you're running the motif version of gvim? If so, then it would
            >> appear to be a bug, plain & simple.
            > Just compiled up a motif gvim 6.0; -xrm works OK for me
            >alongside -x (Sparc/Solaris 2.6).

            Yeah, well, it appeared that I had -DFEAT_GUI_GTK for some reason,
            though it did look like motif ! :) Anyway, that also answers why didn't
            my resources get actually fetched from the xrd...

            Bye.
            --
            Pawel S. Veselov (software developer, Engineering Services) __ __(O) _ __
            e-mail: Pawel.Veselov@... \ V /| || ' \
            HomePage: http://www3.math.spbu.ru/~vps \_/ |_||_|_|_|
          • David Harrison Jr.
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 4, 2001
              Pawel S. Veselov wrote:

              >Neil,
              >
              >On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Neil Bird wrote:
              >
              >>>Around about 12/04/01 10:36, Pawel S. Veselov scribbled ...

              >>> Sure you're running the motif version of gvim? If so, then it would
              >>>appear to be a bug, plain & simple.
              >>>
              >> Just compiled up a motif gvim 6.0; -xrm works OK for me
              >>alongside -x (Sparc/Solaris 2.6).
              >>

              >Yeah, well, it appeared that I had -DFEAT_GUI_GTK for some reason,
              >though it did look like motif ! :) Anyway, that also answers why didn't
              >my resources get actually fetched from the xrd...

              The -xrm works for any "Xt" based X-Windows GUI program, like Motif GVim
              or the Athena version of GVim.

              --David Jr.