Re: [OT] X Windows Documentation?

  • David Harrison Jr.
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2001
      Ali Akcaagac wrote:

      >i really recommend getting the
      >X related series from o'reily they are totally cool..

      I agree. They are the best books I have come across. They go into just
      about every possible detail you could ever know.

      Just make sure to get the "Programmer's Manual"s for both Xlib AND X
      Toolkit Intrinsics. You'll need them both, believe me. If you can only
      afford one, then get the Xlib manual first as it is the lowest level of
      the X-Windows API.

      >otherwise if you only want the references for library calls e.g. XT or
      >XLIB then you may want to checkout the X sourcecode from www.xfree86.org
      >and look at the '.ps *.dvi documents there.

      The O'Reilly books have the funtion calls listed in them, too.... but
      they are in their own books (one for Xlib, and one for X Toolkit
      Intrinsics).

      --David Jr.