LyX/GVim Paste incompatibility on Lyx 1.1.6fix1 and 1.1.6fix3
- Hi everyone,
I've found substantial paste incompatibilities between LyX and GVim (GUI
Vim), which is a shame because I use these daily in my creation of my new
117,000 word book on Troubleshooting. Hopefully this can be resolved,
possibly with collaboration of the LyX and Vim development teams.
COPYING FROM LYX TO GVIM
If you select LyX text, hit Ctrl+C, and then paste into gVim, the paste works
but it terminates the LyX session.
COPYING FROM GVIM TO LYX
If you paste more than about 120 substantial lines Vim into LyX, it will hang
LyX and consume huge amounts of CPU. I've reproduced this on
Lyx 1.1.6fix1 (Mandrake 8.0) and 1.1.6fix3 (Mandrake 8.1), with gvim 6.0z and
This symptom can be reproduced as follows:
* Open a new LyX file and save as junk.lyx
* In VIM, create a file consisting of 200 lines of the following string:
one two three four five six seven eight nine ten
* Copy the file with gg"*yG
* In LyX, paste with the middle mouse button (or left and right together if
* Notice that LyX will hang, and top or other CPU monitoring program will
show CPU binding.
I can work around this with a "man in the middle" editor or viewer, but it
would be wonderful if this could be fixed.
(Legal Disclaimer) Follow these suggestions at your own risk.