Re: Why needing libelf for building?

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2001
      Christian Kurz wrote:

      > I notice during the build process, that first configure checks for
      > libelf. Then later in the build process, I'll noticed that vim itself
      > will not be linked against libelf. So my questions now would be:
      >
      > * Why is vim sometimes needing libelf?
      > * Is there a a wayt avoid having to install libelf to compile vim?

      You don't need to install libelf for Vim. That's why there is a
      configure check, to find out if it's there or not.

      I can't find where libelf is actually used. And elf.h is not included
      anywhere. Perhaps this is old stuff and can now be deleted? I hesitate
      to do that, since there must have been a reason for this in the past,
      and I don't know it.

      --
      You can test a person's importance in the organization by asking how much RAM
      his computer has. Anybody who knows the answer to that question is not a