Re: making a : motion inclusive

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2001
      Benji Fisher wrote:

      > Vim-Dev:
      >
      > I am trying to :omap % so that it acts like an inclusive motion. If the
      > motion is forward in the text, I can move the cursor ahead one character, or
      > to the start of the next line, unless I happen to be on the last character of
      > the file. What can I do if the motion is backwards? I want "d%" to delete
      > "(all of this)". but if I start on the closing ")" then it leaves ")".
      >
      > Wishlist: :omap <inclusive> % ...

      Maybe this is a better suggestion for the wish list. We can force an
      operator to be characterwise, linewise, or blockwise with v, V, or <C-V> in
      Operator-pending mode. How about adding to the list: x for exclusive, and X
      for inclusive? (Mnemonic: "x" for "x-clusive" and "X" for "not x".) Then I
      could

      :omap % X:call Fun()<CR>

      --Benji Fisher