Re: patch 6.0.46 breaks --disable-gui --without-x

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2001
      David Lebel wrote:

      > Quoting Bram Moolenaar (Bram@...):
      > > > Starting with patch 6.0.046, vim fails to compile when --disable-gui
      > > > --without-x are specified at the configure stage.
      > >
      > > Try adding patch 6.0.052. The you may need to do "make reconfig", so
      > > that the configure cache is cleared.
      >
      > There is no cache because the build happens in a virgin directory. I
      > notice though that when the build begins, a configure is redone:
      >
      > ===> Building for vim-6.0.45-no_x11
      > if test ! -f configure.save; then mv configure configure.save; fi
      > autoconf
      > sed -e 's+\./config.log+auto/config.log+' configure > auto/configure
      > chmod 755 auto/configure
      > mv -f configure.save configure
      > rm -f auto/config.status auto/config.cache
      > GUI_INC_LOC="" GUI_LIB_LOC="" CC="/usr/bin/gcc"
      > CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" CFLAGS="-O2 -O2 -march=i686"
      > LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" srcdir="." ./configure
      >
      > but then, the configure doesn't seem to pass the parameters that was
      > given the first time around.

      When autoconf is used to produce a new auto/configure, the Makefile
      deletes the cache, since it's probably outdated now.

      Then configure is run again, but only using the arguments that are
      specified in the Makefile. That works fine for me. If you want to give
      other arguments you need to abort this and run configure separately.

      --
      ARTHUR: Be quiet! I order you to shut up.
      OLD WOMAN: Order, eh -- who does he think he is?