NT filewritable bug fix - 6.0p23 patch

  • Mike Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2001
      Hi,

      The attached patch is a first pass at improving handling of file/directory
      ACL write permissions on NT 4 and later. This should make the filewritable()
      script function now correctly report 0 if the ACL denies write permission
      even if the read-only file attributable is not set. It should also sort out other
      related file IO inconsistencies.

      In all the tests I did it seemed to do the sensible thing. However, I did hit
      one problem when reactivating Win2K on a laptop from standby - VIM
      could no longer get the access mask for any files. A reboot fixed this so
      lay the problem in the usual place.

      I would appreciate it if someone on 9x/ME could check that it builds and
      runs okay. TIA.

      Any other problems/bug reports to me please.

      TTFN
      Mike
      --
      Never lick a gift horse in the mouth.