:menu does not work.

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2001
      According to the docs, :menu works just like :map, so I expected

      :menu <buffer> Foo.Bar :echo "foobar"<CR>

      to create a menu for the current buffer. Alas, it does not work. Is there
      another way, or do I have to use BufEnter and BufLeave autocommands to do
      this? :-(

      --Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 22, 2001
        Benji Fisher wrote:

        > According to the docs, :menu works just like :map, so I expected
        >
        > :menu <buffer> Foo.Bar :echo "foobar"<CR>
        >
        > to create a menu for the current buffer. Alas, it does not work. Is there
        > another way, or do I have to use BufEnter and BufLeave autocommands to do
        > this? :-(

        This is an item in the todo list. It would actually not work very
        different from using an autocommand, only that you can specify it a bit
        easier.

        I'll adjust the docs not to mention that ":menu" is exactly like ":map",
        since there are a few differences.

        --
        A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do.