visvim

  • vipin aravind
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2001
      hi,
      I am making use of visvim.dll with vc++6.0.
      whenever I try to open a workspace,msdev is crashing, but opening a file
      goes fine.
      any ideas on how to resolve this.

      thank you
      vipin
    • Thore B. Karlsen
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2001
        On Wed, 3 Oct 2001 12:47:38 +0530, you wrote:

        >hi,
        >I am making use of visvim.dll with vc++6.0.
        >whenever I try to open a workspace,msdev is crashing, but opening a file
        >goes fine.
        >any ideas on how to resolve this.

        I actually have a similar problem with VS crashing, but only on my
        laptop. I reinstalled Windows XP on both my desktop and my laptop, and I
        don't really know what the difference is that makes it crash on the
        laptop and not on the desktop. I have less RAM in the laptop, but I
        can't think of anything else significant. There's enough swap space
        anyway.

        VS usually crashes when I'm in Vim, after I haven't really done anything
        in VS in a while. It crashes with a memory protection error, after a
        read to 0x4.

        I don't know if it's connected to Vim or VisVim.dll or if it's just a
        problem with VS itself. Has anyone else seen this problem?

        --
        Be seeing you.