Re: Weird windows diff

  • vipin aravind
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2001
      > > I don't know if this is your problem, but it could be...
      > > This group had something similar to this (maybe). If this is a
      > > GNU diff.exe currently on your system, you can try to get a
      > > new diff.exe from the following place.
      > >

      > Well, Mr. Vince Negri, send me similar proposal to replace diff.exe by
      another
      > one.
      > He supposed that Muenchen's diff (which I used) is broken or is compiled
      bad.
      > I use diff form Ron Aaron's page, and: Voila!
      > Everything works!
      It would be nice if this url can get into the help of vim
      :h diff

      http://www.mossbayeng.com/~ron/vim/builds.html

      vipin
    • Jiri Brezina
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2001
        > I don't know if this is your problem, but it could be...
        > This group had something similar to this (maybe). If this is a
        > GNU diff.exe currently on your system, you can try to get a
        > new diff.exe from the following place.
        > http://www.mossbayeng.com/~ron/vim/builds.html

        Well, Mr. Vince Negri, send me similar proposal to replace diff.exe by another
        one.
        He supposed that Muenchen's diff (which I used) is broken or is compiled bad.
        I use diff form Ron Aaron's page, and: Voila!
        Everything works!

        Muenchen package of GNU tools is excellent, but is necessary
        to replace 'diff.exe' (probably only for 'vim', because -and this
        was confused- normaly it works) and 'mv.exe', because is
        case insensitive.

        Thanks for URL, I tried yahoo, but I probably try bad
        keywords and... found little or nothing.
        And -this was my mistake- I believed that my diff.exe
        was good.

        Is it good idea, put all neccesary stuff (like 'diff', 'patch', maybe 'echo',
        and other which will be probably used by vim user) in platform-depent
        package (exclude unix) on e.g. vim.sf.net ?
        Users should have certainty, that these components are all right. (On unix
        everything works ok, indeed, but on, eh, Windows I don't know
        what is wrong, and is really difficult find error.
        Suddenly idea: are included error messages on unix package of vim at all?
        I have never saw any on irix. :o)

        Thank You for your advice
        Have a nice Day

        Jiri Brezina