:help install

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2001
      Hi, all.

      I just had a look at :help usr_90.txt about installing Vim. I have
      a few suggestions.

      1. Add a help tag, so :help install takes you to the top of the file.

      2. Add a brief section at the beginning, mentioning that you need the
      runtime files and suggesting that new users start with vimrc_example.vim
      . Well, maybe the first part will not help: chicken-and-egg problem!
      The second part might help: there have been several questions lately
      like "why don't plugins work?" where the answer has been to :set nocp
      and :filetype plugin on .

      --Benji Fisher