TeX -- cweb format word

  • Ingo Krabbe
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2001
      Since there was the TeXFlavour discussion I like to introduce another error.
      BTW: I think the TeXFlavours may be distinguished through common specials.
      Every LaTeX main file has a documentstyle or documentclass near the beginning.
      Macro packages which require LaTeX should define a Require Command (I don't
      remeber the exact syntax now). Other formats are more special.

      There is also the possibility to distinguish the TeX macro packages through a
      string list, because the number and names of package files are quite static.

      But now to my own question:
      ---------------------------

      Using cweb format, which mixes tex and C code has one great disadvantage which
      I didn't solved for now: The word size isn't distinguished between tex and c
      sections. If you use C names with a '_' in it tex will think of three words:

      For example:
      pthread_create is pthread,_,create.

      That's not very nice since its very common to use these '_'.

      Any tips ?

      CU INGO
    • Sven Guckes
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2001
        * Ingo Krabbe <ikrabbe@...> [010928 08:28]:
        > Since there was the TeXFlavour discussion
        > I like to introduce another error.

        Oh, please - no more errors. We have enough. ;-)

        > Using cweb format, which mixes tex and C code has one great
        > disadvantage which I didn't solved for now: The word size
        > isn't distinguished between tex and c sections. If you use
        > C names with a '_' in it tex will think of three words:
        > For example: pthread_create is pthread,_,create.
        >
        > That's not very nice since its very common to use these '_'.
        > Any tips ?

        Adjust the option 'iskeyword'?
        :set isk+=_

        Sven

        --
        Sven Guckes guckes@...
        Addicted to Vim -- 101 reasons
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2001
          On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 10:34:41AM +0200, Ingo Krabbe wrote:
          > But now to my own question:
          > ---------------------------
          >
          > Using cweb format, which mixes tex and C code has one great disadvantage which
          > I didn't solved for now: The word size isn't distinguished between tex and c
          > sections. If you use C names with a '_' in it tex will think of three words:
          >
          > For example:
          > pthread_create is pthread,_,create.
          >
          > That's not very nice since its very common to use these '_'.
          >
          > Any tips ?

          Hello,

          You may add '_' to iskeyword; it is usually only small annoyance in TeX
          as usually used in the cweb. Or, if your use is word completition, you may
          make use of <C-P><C-X><C-P> to get rest of the text.

          By the way, I find also convenient in cweb sources to map @< to
          set 'iskeyword' to be all but @, so that I can use <C-P> to scroll
          through already used section names (and @> map to setting previus
          value).