Background colors for console printing - 60au

  • Mike Williams
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2001
      Hi,

      Small patch to support background colors when printing from non-gui
      VIM.

      TTFN

      Mike
      --
      Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2001
        Mike Williams wrote:

        > Small patch to support background colors when printing from non-gui
        > VIM.

        We know this is possible, but it was not included, because we suspect it
        will cause trouble for people using a dark background other than black
        (e.g., dark blue). Although that may also happen for the GUI...

        --
        BROTHER MAYNARD: Armaments Chapter Two Verses Nine to Twenty One.
        ANOTHER MONK: And St. Attila raised his hand grenade up on high saying "O

      • Mike Williams
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2001
          On 3 Sep 2001, at 18:29, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

          > Mike Williams wrote:
          >
          > > Small patch to support background colors when printing from non-gui
          > > VIM.
          >
          > We know this is possible, but it was not included, because we suspect it
          > will cause trouble for people using a dark background other than black
          > (e.g., dark blue). Although that may also happen for the GUI...

          Spookily I use a dark blue background for GUI and console - from my
          color setup:

          highlight Normal NONE ctermfg=yellow ctermbg=darkblue
          guifg=yellow guibg=darkblue

          Obviously I have no trouble with this ;)

          Mike
          --
          Genealogy tracing us back to the same brother and sister.